Handlebars, any of you change yours, to what? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 07-23-2012, 06:59 PM   #1
dtmmil
Premium Member

Default Handlebars, any of you change yours, to what?

I need some that are taller, I like the look of the ones on the Highball I think it is, the ape hangers, but I would need chrome ones, I am thinking about 10" apes of some type would get them about where I want them, any of you change yours, to what, pics would be great, and how tall can we go without cable changes? thanks
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-26-2012, 05:09 AM   #2
dtmmil
Premium Member

Last night I took the stock pullback style risers off and put a set of 4" tall straight risers on, they fit with no problem, and I still have plenty of slack in the cables, anyone know how tall a person can go, anyone change out their bars for something taller?
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
Hawley MN(sold)
Old 07-26-2012, 09:34 PM   #3
colecrazy

I have Fly Bars and I wish they were about an inch lower with 2 more inches of pull back
Old 07-26-2012, 09:47 PM   #4
WJMCrossRoads
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtmmil View Post
Last night I took the stock pullback style risers off and put a set of 4" tall straight risers on, they fit with no problem, and I still have plenty of slack in the cables, anyone know how tall a person can go, anyone change out their bars for something taller?

Next: HID, Light Bar, Tach

Gig 'Em Ags!

WJMCrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #5
WJMCrossRoads
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I was thinking about these on my XR. What do you think?

http://www.hmd520.com/category/XR-Parts-63

Next: HID, Light Bar, Tach

Gig 'Em Ags!

WJMCrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
necoachbw

I put on a set of the victory 2" pull back bars on my 12 XR. I really like them. I ride quite comfortably
necoachbw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
dtmmil
Premium Member

I think those would look OK on your bike, I want some similar but chrome on mine, but less pullback. And what fly bars do you have colecrazy?
I took some pics of mine, just havn't gotten them loaded yet. I looked at it last night, put some spacers under my risers and took measurements, looks like I have room for some 10 apes with just a short 2" riser with stock cables and stuff. I would really like to find some bars like the ones on the hardball, the black apes in a 10", but chrome. Thanks guys for the responses!! I will get some pics up soon I hope.
Hawley MN(sold)
Old 07-27-2012, 08:43 PM   #8
dtmmil
Premium Member

Well today I ordered a set of short risers, just tall enough to mount my bars with, and a set of 10" santee ape hangers off of ebay.
Hawley MN(sold)
Old 07-27-2012, 11:29 PM   #9
dtmmil
Premium Member

DSC02934.jpg
stock risers and bars
DSC02935.jpg
again, just closer
DSC02937.jpg
4" straight risers, stock bars
DSC02939.jpg
again, just closer
Hawley MN(sold)
Old 07-31-2012, 10:17 PM   #10
dtmmil
Premium Member

Well, my 10" apes showed up today, not what I am looking for, they don't match the look of the bike. I was looking at the ness ram bars, how are they? I need higher, not so much more pullback, I like the feel of the stock bars, they are just to low for me.

Colecrazy, how much taller and how much more pullback do those bars have then stock? Can you see the speedometer good with them on?
Hawley MN(sold)

Last edited by dtmmil; 07-31-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement