Custom Rear Fender Fabrication - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 08-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #1
seanrossr

Garage
Default Custom Rear Fender Fabrication

Ok so here is what i have been brainstorming with for the past several weeks.

I am wanting to customize the rear fender/Whole rear end, on my bike to give it a more "Open Tire" look on the hind end. I was originally basing it off of Michael Songs' design but want to put the Raven Style 2-person one piece seat on it while modifying the rear subframe in order to provide sufficient support for a passenger. These pics are what i came up with for that idea. Starting with the inspiration bike.

Then the first sketch was the original idea where the Bandit seat would be the only thing acting as a rear fender, but this route would have required cutting and completely destroying the rear subframe with no option to revert back.

So the most recent idea is to take a stock Vegas fender, and in essence just rotate it up to move the taillight assembly and electrical up with the fender, eliminating the need to fabricate any lighting, but then that poses a problem with having to recut the mounting holes in the fender.

So FINAL thoughts are to simply cut out a 2"-3" section of the fender above the taillight housing unit and just shorten the fender over all, then weld it back into one piece.

With this route, i can leave the subframe intact, can revert back to the stock set up and give it the look im wanting.

PLEASE GIVE IDEAS, INPUT, RECOMMENDATIONS, etc. I have also attached a blank template of my bike so that if you have any mental ideas that you want to draw up, The TEMPLATE is here so you can print and sketch on it if you would like.

Songs Seat 2.jpg

IMG_0114.jpg

IMG_0082[1].jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0161.jpg
seanrossr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-08-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
seanrossr

Garage
Default Template to sketch suggestions

The seat is shown here that i am wanting to use

Please add your ideas and repost!

Any fabrication pointers would be greatly appreciated
vegas edit file_isolate.jpg

Bandit Seat.jpg
Old 08-08-2012, 04:37 PM   #3
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Conquest does a fender kit for 180 tire bikes, but you do need to cut the subframe
kevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 06:51 PM   #4
8BallHammer

Garage

If you like the Rocker, go buy one. EVEN The Motor Company quit making it for a reason. people don't buy UGLY
Big City Thunder Thunder Monsters
Controls 2" forward
Blacked out turn signals
De-badged

2013 AF Green CC
Mostly stock

After Monday and Tuesday, even the calendar says WTF
8BallHammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 09:43 AM   #5
seanrossr

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8BallHammer View Post
If you like the Rocker, go buy one. EVEN The Motor Company quit making it for a reason. people don't buy UGLY

GREAT CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM 8ball... you can keep your comments in your head if they dont pertain!

I am not going for the look of a Rocker, just a different rear fender design where the back tire is opened up a bit!
Old 08-13-2012, 08:14 PM   #6
Reams

Garage

Why don't you just cut the fender how you want it and use the MBW LED's that hug the edge of the fender. They work as both brake and turn signals and would allow you to clean up the rear end. As long as you keeping the same contour that may be the easiest route.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:46 PM   #7
visionjohnny

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrossr View Post
Ok so here is what i have been brainstorming with for the past several weeks.

I am wanting to customize the rear fender/Whole rear end, on my bike to give it a more "Open Tire" look on the hind end. I was originally basing it off of Michael Songs' design but want to put the Raven Style 2-person one piece seat on it while modifying the rear subframe in order to provide sufficient support for a passenger. These pics are what i came up with for that idea. Starting with the inspiration bike.

Then the first sketch was the original idea where the Bandit seat would be the only thing acting as a rear fender, but this route would have required cutting and completely destroying the rear subframe with no option to revert back.

So the most recent idea is to take a stock Vegas fender, and in essence just rotate it up to move the taillight assembly and electrical up with the fender, eliminating the need to fabricate any lighting, but then that poses a problem with having to recut the mounting holes in the fender.

So FINAL thoughts are to simply cut out a 2"-3" section of the fender above the taillight housing unit and just shorten the fender over all, then weld it back into one piece.

With this route, i can leave the subframe intact, can revert back to the stock set up and give it the look im wanting.

PLEASE GIVE IDEAS, INPUT, RECOMMENDATIONS, etc. I have also attached a blank template of my bike so that if you have any mental ideas that you want to draw up, The TEMPLATE is here so you can print and sketch on it if you would like.

Attachment 7422

Attachment 7424

Attachment 7425

Attachment 7426

Attachment 7427
You have a great looking bike don't ruin it

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 05:46 PM   #8
Creek_IP

The only suggestion I have is keep looking at custom work on the net. I like big wrap around fenders so I'm in the opposite direction of where you're going. Custom is just that........Make it yours and be happy with it. I'll almost assure you that you won't get it the way you want on the first try. It's easier to make multiple small cuts than try to put material back on.

I see a lot of custom work that I would never use on a bike of mine. That said, I admire the artistic skill that people have and their willingness to try........
Old 08-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #9
HammerTime85

I personally think it would have a better look with a chopped rear fender using minimal lights on the back, maybe small led's for brake and turn signals. However if you did decide to go with your mock up design I would go with a different set of bars to keep a nice flow to the line's on the bike. Something like clip on bars or drag bar's. To me if I was going to set out to fab my rear fender I would also lower the bike, and hide wire's on the bike to give it a clean look.

Santa Rosa Exhaust
Lloydz fuel controller w/ custom map
S&S intake
Ness goodies
HammerTime85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 11:16 AM   #10
seanrossr

Garage
Default Dual Purpose MBW, Brake & Turns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reams View Post
Why don't you just cut the fender how you want it and use the MBW LED's that hug the edge of the fender. They work as both brake and turn signals and would allow you to clean up the rear end. As long as you keeping the same contour that may be the easiest route.
How would I set up the MBW LED Turning Indicators into a dual purpose, brake light AND Turning indicators?? What would i need to do to modify the wiring?

Does it have the ability to dim as a running then brighten when the breaks are applied??
Sponsored Links
Advertisement