New high for PII - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Rider's Lounge > Victory Forums Lounge

Old 09-14-2012, 10:28 AM   #1
Blueline

Default New high for PII

Polaris stock hit a new high yesterday..$85.55.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-14-2012, 07:48 PM   #2
ftwflh

Send a message via Yahoo to ftwflh

Better than twice what HD stock is
1996 GMC truck
2005 Trailblazer
ftwflh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 08:07 PM   #3
RICZ

Not too long ago Polaris stock was almost down to $70. There are two things that may be influencing the rapid rise: News of the Indian operation possibly coming out with a vintage looking bobber style bike and Fred Rau's column in Friction Zone magazine, suggesting Polaris might be the next mfr to offer a three wheeler in light of the CanAm Spyder's great success.
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2012, 10:26 PM   #4
ndabunka

I bought @ $72 and sold today @ $85. I think it will continue to go up in the long term and may well simply just keep on going but I have a rule to take profits off the table @ 15% so....

Just hoping that there will be a dip again so that I can buy back in once more in the future.

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-10-2012 at 08:58 PM. Reason: clarification (my point is actually 15%, not the 18% this one ran too before I sold it)
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 12:57 PM   #5
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
I bought @ $72 and sold today @ $85. I think it will continue to go up in the long term and may well simply just keep on going but I have a rule to take profits off the table @ 18% so.....
You are a very smart man to set goals where your money is concerned. So many don't and so many are in a financial hole because of that. I had the advantage of having parents that were tempered by the Great Depression and they taught me well to respect and care for my money. I have never been a high earner, but because I have been frugal and avoided frivolities and debt in my younger years, I can now afford to pay cash for toys and pleasures...and investments too.

Money management needs to be taught in our schools. Money is the one thing we all deal with on a daily basis, yet so many know so little about it other than to spend it; even to the point of spending more than they make. Kinda like our government, eh?
Old 09-18-2012, 12:30 PM   #6
ndabunka

Default One bad article and ...

It's a shame when articles like this can impact a good stock. Down 5% to $81.31 so far today. Quote "Getting ahead of itself..." with no REAL foundation for the caution but this may create a new "entry point" so I am going to watch it over the next day or so before deciding about re-entry.

Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune

Last edited by ndabunka; 09-18-2012 at 12:40 PM.
Old 09-18-2012, 12:44 PM   #7
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by ndabunka View Post
It's a shame when articles like this can impact a good stock. Down 5% to $81.31 so far today. Quote "Getting ahead of itself..." with no REAL foundation for the caution but this may create a new "entry point" so I am going to watch it over the next day or so before deciding about re-entry.
Can you say "knee jerk?"
Old 09-27-2012, 05:01 PM   #8
ndabunka

I post when I buy & sell in stock message boards so figured I might as well do it here as well. Bought 300 shares of PII today @ $79.01 share around 11am before this (pumping LOL) article came out.
http://www.thestreet.com/story/11721...o&cm_ven=YAHOO

I did this because I felt that the "knee jerk" reaction had about run it's duration and feel that this is a reasonable re-entry point (e.g. It fits my fibonacci model...bought @ ~$72 & sold @ ~$85 = ~13 point run up & fibonacci decline is ~$4.5 so anything under $80 is a buying point). We will see if PII can continue it's upward travels.

Last edited by ndabunka; 10-10-2012 at 08:57 PM.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:48 PM   #9
Blueline

If you hang on to it long enough, another benefit is the dividend which I believe was .37 cents last qtr. It's a good stock.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #10
ndabunka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline View Post
If you hang on to it long enough, another benefit is the dividend which I believe was .37 cents last qtr. It's a good stock.
The dividend was paid on 9-17-12 ($74 for 200 shares) & I appear to have gotten it due to the three business day settlement function so it will be another three months before it hits again but that's still a GOOD thing & was one of the reasons I bought the sock. I think I posted that I don't typically buy stocks over $20/share but I took the chance & bought 200 shares of PII in late July and it worked out. This time I decided to bump up the original investment by 50% and bought 300 shares. If it crests a 15% increase prior to the next dividend payment, I will sell it as that is still one of my fundemental principles. The timing this last occurance just seemed to work out perfectly for me

Last edited by ndabunka; 09-27-2012 at 08:56 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement