A little irritated with Victory - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 09-22-2012, 01:42 PM   #1
Jay

Default A little irritated with Victory

I was planning to pick up my new bike at a dealer out of state last weekend (which I did). Knowing that the demo truck was scheduled to be in town today, and that they would give me a $1000 coupon for test riding, I post a question on here about the coupon here and got mixed answers, so I called the dealer. I told the dealer about the truck being here today, and that for an additional $1000 in accessories I'd gladly wait another week to pickup the bike.

The dealer didn't know exactly what the details of the coupon would be so he said he'd get back to me, here is his response:

Quote:
I talked with our Victory rep and he is saying if you go to the test ride the coupon card can only be used at that dealer. He also said if you use the demo ride coupon you loose the some of the other rebates they are offering at this time. Let me know if this makes any sense to you.
Given the response I went ahead and picked up the bike last week.

Today I went over to the demo ride and of course got the coupon and nowhere on the coupon is a dealer name or anything that states where it must be used. It also clearly states that it can be combined with any other offers, but not other coupons (which I did not have).

I've contacted the dealer and he is trying to get in contact with the rep, who is apparently at the local demo ride.

FYI, I had not signed any paperwork prior to picking up the bike, so the purchase was made on the day of pickup which could have easily been today instead of last week.

So what's you guys opinion? Mine is that Victory or the dealer owes me $1000 in accessories or $1000 refund on the accessories I already paid for.

The dealer has been great to work with and I seriously doubt this is their mistake as I assume the coupon would have been covered by Victory
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

Sounds like you're trying to change the deal after the fact.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 02:00 PM   #3
Jay

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
How's that?

I asked about the coupon before the deal went through and was given bad information from the dealer who apparently got the info from his Victory rep.

Had I been told the truth about the coupon when I asked, I would have purchased the bike with coupon in hand and saved $1000.
Old 09-22-2012, 03:38 PM   #4
basshawk84

Just have the dealer work with the factory rep and let them know what transpired. I got the deal last year on my XCT and it was excluded from the coupon deal when I bought it. A good dealer can work something out.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:12 PM   #5
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

The dealer dropped the ball, and not Vic. Had they sent an Ask Polaris. They would have gotten the proper information, and had documentation to back it up. Not big Vic's fault
Old 10-08-2012, 11:00 AM   #6
Jay

Default Update

My dealer contacted the Rep with a copy of the coupon and the Rep still insist that the coupon must be used at the dealer that sponsored the ride.

I contacted Polaris last week and got a response that the coupon can be used at any dealer but it's at the discretion of the dealer. I further explained what occurred and waiting on a response.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:18 PM   #7
BanditSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
Agreed. The way he's wording this, that's what I get from it too.

Why would anyone expect to get $1000 by going to a demo ride AFTER already buying the bike?

The incentive is that if you take a demo ride, THEN buy a Victory, you get this bonus. It's not for people who already bought a bike, then decided to manipulate an offer for their own benefit.

Sorry, sounds greedy and manipulative to me. To push the issue and try to make them give you the grand is IMO akin to stealing.
Old 10-08-2012, 12:30 PM   #8
TLS_Addict

I see both sides.

Its not Victorys fault but the dealer did not inform you correctly and you have that in writing.

You are being greedy but not in the regular sense so lets call it being a informed consumer. If you would have been told correctly you would have waited to do the test ride and purchased it at a $1,000 discount.

To me it looks like the dealer was trying to push you in to buying and not giving you the correct information.

I would push for it, what harm can come of it?
TLS_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
TLS_Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
The dealer dropped the ball, and not Vic. Had they sent an Ask Polaris. They would have gotten the proper information, and had documentation to back it up. Not big Vic's fault
You are right, its not Victorys fault but it is their obligation to make sure the dealers do not give out wrong information in order to push a sale. Sounds to me like the dealership is the type to pocket the rebate for themsevles.

If a dealership doesnt know a product or doesnt know the correct rebates...etc they SHOULD NOT be selling the bikes. It is Victorys obligation to remedy any and all situations with a dealer pulling the blanket over a consumers eye. If not they are giving the 'ok' to dealers to lie and be shady.
TLS_Addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 01:11 PM   #10
Marius

In my view, the OP clearly tried to take the right steps BEFORE HAND to make sure he got the $1K in accessories. The dealer gave him a shaddy answer, part of which appears to be a lie ("can't use the coupon at this dealership"). I would be just as annoyed. I really think they owe the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLS_Addict View Post
Sounds to me like the dealership is the type to pocket the rebate for themsevles.
Agreed, that's what it smells like to me too.
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...
Marius is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement