IBA - SouthEast Region Thread - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > North America Regional Forums > America SouthEast

Old 10-03-2012, 02:01 AM   #1
Tims_04V92TC

Garage
Default IBA - SouthEast Region Thread

Starting a thread for any IBA riders in the SouthEast. Trying to consolodate an area in VictoryForums for those of us who like to persue this style of riding that will have tips and tricks as well as recommendations in it for succesful planning and execution of IBA rides.

http://www.ironbutt.com/about/about.cfm

Archive of Wisdom is really a good place to get some great info in planning for extended riding

http://www.ironbutt.com/tech/aow.cfm

Also check out Tour of Honor website if you are wanting to do a SS1K and see some of the memorials in your state. Must complete TOH ride using IBA rules, submit completion to TOH and once your ride is certifide you can submit to the IBA for your SS1K/TOH certificate

http://www.tourofhonor.com/

For mapping a route then transfering it to GPX format, try this software from the HD web. Another rider said it worked very well.

http://www.harley-davidson.com/wcm/C...ey=-1410969111

Safe riding all!

Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

I did my SS1K in August and sent the paperwork in early September. Waiting patiently for my stuff.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 11:18 PM   #3
Tims_04V92TC

Garage
Default IBA - Trip report

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
I did my SS1K in August and sent the paperwork in early September. Waiting patiently for my stuff.
took about 8-10 weeks on ours. If you get a chance post a new thread in the region with your trip report and a copy of your map if you would like. Would be good to read about your run... Try to use IBA in the begining of the thread to keep them together.

Safe riddin
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 10-12-2012, 10:42 AM   #4
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

I'll see if I can find it. I think I have the log in Excell/pdf and the map on a hard copy. Might be next week though. Me and gf are heading to the Dragon tomorrow morning for a weekend of thrill riding.

Sadlesore/Bun-Burner- Dave Hoitt
DateTime/zone Location Odometer
8/25/2012 5:40 E Shannon, GA 25680
8/25/2012 6:05 E Adairsville, GA 25695
8/25/2012 8:41 E Dandridge, TN 25880
8/25/2012 11:29 E Pulaski, VA 26058
8/25/2012 14:20 E Harrisonburg, VA 26213 Traffic near Winchester, VA
8/25/2012 18:00 E Harrisburg, PA 26404
8/25/2012 20:46 E Suffern, NY 26578 Wrong turn complicated by construction detour and a dinner stop
8/26/2012 12:30 E Pawtucket, RI 26766
8/26/2012 1:16 E Abington, MA 26810

Last edited by depot picker; 10-21-2012 at 05:23 PM. Reason: added the log
Old 12-02-2012, 07:46 PM   #5
HBJackson

Thumbs up

Hey Tim,

I'm a relative newbie, and have not ridden more than a few hundred miles in a day. But have seen your suggestion for a forum. I did a site search for IBA, and nothing comes up.

Could be why so little traffic here.

I just put my bike in garage, but will get through winter planning a good long ride.
Old 12-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #6
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBJackson View Post
Hey Tim,

I'm a relative newbie, and have not ridden more than a few hundred miles in a day. But have seen your suggestion for a forum. I did a site search for IBA, and nothing comes up.

Could be why so little traffic here.

I just put my bike in garage, but will get through winter planning a good long ride.
Yup, your right HB, trying to get anyone posting stuff related to IBA rides in their reginal forums and preceed the subject with IBA so folks can find it fast. Alot of riders doing it, just not easily found like on ADV or something. Was trying to gen up some Vic IBA talk and all. I like the challege and like riding a VIC to complete it! hehe Start a thread on your ride when you get ready, would like to hear about it! Safe ridin

tim

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 12-05-2012, 11:48 AM   #7
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

It's official. I got my certificate and the all-important tag frame today.
Old 12-05-2012, 01:05 PM   #8
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by depot picker View Post
It's official. I got my certificate and the all-important tag frame today.
Great! I seen a pick of a Vision that someone made the IBA plate back into a mud flap.. Looked pretty cool!

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Old 12-22-2012, 11:13 PM   #9
orbiker

I think this forum should have a dedicated Thread for IBA also. The Victory motorcycle is definitely a long distance bike. Faithful and comfortable too.
I think some riders set up their bikes for the distance riding too in special ways. Tips like that would be helpful. Different brands will also setup their bike in a different way.
KEN

Some of my Rides

Coast to Coast trip of a Lifetime
From Oregon to the Grand Canyon and beyond
Scenic Alaska on a Harley
Touring the Rocky Mts. on a Harley
orbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 07:51 AM   #10
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by orbiker View Post
I think this forum should have a dedicated Thread for IBA also. The Victory motorcycle is definitely a long distance bike. Faithful and comfortable too.
I think some riders set up their bikes for the distance riding too in special ways. Tips like that would be helpful. Different brands will also setup their bike in a different way.
KEN
Well I think there are alot more IBA style riders out there than posted in the couple threads started. Could be how they view the forum, like me, I hit the active then the V92/Vision forum to see if I missed anything. I know I have learned alot from Rollin's trip reports on other forums. I like one stop shopping and am registered on a couple other forums but like this one all around as the best. Im with you Ken, the information is beneficial. Example, me and another rider just took a 500+mile day ride working up some stuff for the 2013 Tour of Honor. It was an easy ride with temps in low 30's up to high 40's and we had a great time because of what I found under IBA threads for planning rides. Eleven hour ride documenting 3 POW/MIA memorials plus a fuel/food stop. We had a great time!

An IBA style forum may not take off but then again it may. I like quick references too. Tires, tools, routes, etc in one general area.For now, I am just adding IBA in the subject line in hope when users like HB search, this stuff will pop up. Looking forward to more postings and hearing what other long distance/endurance riders are doing.

Tim

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va

Last edited by Tims_04V92TC; 12-23-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement