HID headlights - VictoryHID - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 10-20-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
jgreg65
Premium Member

Default HID headlights - VictoryHID

I just ordered a set of High and Low beam HID's from VictoryHID.com Price seemed right and the warranty CERTAINLY seems right. Has anyone else gone with HID's? the searches I did didn't come up with much. When I get mine in I'll post my findings.
2005 Suzuki C50 - Retired
US Navy - Retired
O&A XM 105
Thank our troops for your freedom! MIA's we will never forget!

Last edited by CrossRoads; 02-28-2012 at 10:50 AM.
jgreg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 PM   #2
LazyDawg
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgreg65 View Post
I just ordered a set of High and Low beam HID's from VictoryHID.com Price seemed right and the warranty CERTAINLY seems right. Has anyone else gone with HID's? the searches I did didn't come up with much. When I get mine in I'll post my findings.
What temperature did you order?

Please post a followup on the install and performance, that price if very reasonbale compared to what Victory wants for their HID kit. I almost installed a HID kit on my previous bike, but sold it for the XC. I am more than pleased with the way the stock lights work and couldn't justify spending the $$ Vic wanted for theirs. Now I see this system and am interested again.

Hope you don't mind being the guinea pig on this I will keep watching the results
Old 10-20-2011, 08:19 PM   #3
jgreg65
Premium Member

I went with the 12,000 Kelvin. I'm really partial to the Blue. Yeah the low and the high seemed the way to go. Why only have 1/2 the fun. And with a warranty like that? Heck I'm running them as much as I can!!!

Guinea Pig? No problem!!

Nah I've been selling off the old accessories from the Harley, Hell at this point I'll be buying the chrome bag rollover bars too!!! There's nothing left to buy for My new Mistress!
US Navy - Retired
O&A XM 105
Old 10-20-2011, 08:23 PM   #4
seattlerob

I installed both hi & low beam HIDs on my JP from VictoryHID.com. That site is run by a forum member here I believe. Absolutely no problems with the service or product. Big difference in light output...you're going to love 'em!

Rob
Old 10-20-2011, 09:29 PM   #5
ridinman

Garage

I really like mine. I got the 5000 K, high and low beam. Bought thru VictoryHID. It is ran by one of the guys on this board. Very good to deal with.

The bulbs are nice and bright, I get lots of comments from the people I ride with regularly.

The only "draw back" is now when we ride at night, I get put out front because I have the best light. If I am in the pack at night, I lay back a little to be nice to the rider in front of me.
2014 XCT
Lenexa, KS
ridinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 09:36 PM   #6
jebz240

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridinman View Post
I really like mine. I got the 5000 K, high and low beam. Bought thru VictoryHID. It is ran by one of the guys on this board. Very good to deal with.

The bulbs are nice and bright, I get lots of comments from the people I ride with regularly.

The only "draw back" is now when we ride at night, I get put out front because I have the best light. If I am in the pack at night, I lay back a little to be nice to the rider in front of me.
Just rode with a partner tonight same issue, he couldnt see shizam when i was behind him. Other than that i feel it helps cagers notice you day and night.. now only if i can get the high beam to fit.
jebz240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 01:49 AM   #7
PlowTown Missile
Lifetime Premium

I ordered 6K Kelvin Hi/Low kits and love them! Super bright and the look is perfect. My buddies won't ride in front of me at nite but I really stand out at nite to cagers.

Build/tuning by WFO Motorsports
PlowTown Missile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:42 AM   #8
jgreg65
Premium Member

WOW he has Great Customer Service!! I wound up changing to the 6K Kelvin hi/low kit too. He has crazy fast shipping. Between the install and the price it seemed to good to be true! But after hearing your guys reviews, I cant wait to get them.

Thanks All
US Navy - Retired
O&A XM 105
Old 10-21-2011, 08:05 AM   #9
Gunslinger
Lifetime Premium

A complete HID conversion kit for $59 ? Seriously? This is with ballast and HID bulb? What type of HID bulb is he selling? D1r D1s D2x, etc? Seems a little suspect that this is indeed a complete HID conversion kit.

2006 110" (133hp/142tq) +nitrous Kingpin (sold)
Gunslinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 09:19 AM   #10
seattlerob

Gunslinger: everything is included (ballast, HID bulb, wiring) and it's all plug & play. I don't know what type of HID bulbs they are, but if you send Crossroads a PM I'm sure he can answer for you.
Advertisement