Victory Reliability - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 11-26-2009, 04:45 AM   #1
professor

Default Victory Reliability

I'm considering a Victory Vision Touring. All the posts I see are from people with relatively new bikes - 600 miles, 2000 miles, etc.

Is there anyone out there with 20,000 or more miles on their Victory bikes? I'm a bit concerned about there not being many dealers when I travel cross country. How reliable are the bikes? What happens if you break down hundreds of miles away from the nearest dealer?

I'm also considering a GL-1800 and a big advantage is the many, many Honda dealers everywhere you go. I'm very interested in hearing from former GL-1800 owners who have switched to Victory or vice versa.

Any information on these concerns will be greatly appreciated.
professor is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 AM   #2
norton123

Quote:
Originally Posted by professor View Post
I'm considering a Victory Vision Touring. All the posts I see are from people with relatively new bikes - 600 miles, 2000 miles, etc.

Is there anyone out there with 20,000 or more miles on their Victory bikes? I'm a bit concerned about there not being many dealers when I travel cross country. How reliable are the bikes? What happens if you break down hundreds of miles away from the nearest dealer?

I'm also considering a GL-1800 and a big advantage is the many, many Honda dealers everywhere you go. I'm very interested in hearing from former GL-1800 owners who have switched to Victory or vice versa.

Any information on these concerns will be greatly appreciated.
I just returned to Victory after a long time with other brands and haven't got the chance to rack up any miles on my new one yet.

But to give you a little idea, I bought one of the very first Victory's built when they first started the company (99') and I put 10k on it before I had the first problem. Not bad for a first year bike IMO.

I'm hoping that they have only improved tremendously since then.
norton123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:13 PM   #3
BET

Any machine can have problems. But Victory has a very good rep for reliabilty. There are many who have ridden them 100,000 miles without any major problems!!
BET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 12:45 PM   #4
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Since the 99-00 models tranny issue the Victory lineup has been pretty much bullet proof.

Saying that, these are mechanical beings, meaning moving parts. There is always the possibility of problems.

I personally know a rider/customer that has 120,000 on her 06 Kingpin that that she bought new! She has done all her maintenance on time and aside from a broken drive belt (she got 75000 out of it. Should be changed every 30,000) no problems.

Some 2008 Visions needed a reflash due to a surging issue. If you buy a 2008 be sure the TSB's have been performed.

The BIG downside to Victory ownership is the dealer network. There aren't many out there compared to the other brands. You have to remember that even though Polaris is the mother company not a lot of Polaris dealerships carry Victory nor service them. However if you get the GPS with your Vision the dealer network is in there to plan a trip!
diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Bungln

04 vegas. 60,000 miles. went thru 1 drive belt and except for oil and tires that is it.
S&S airbox
OD pulley
lots of chrome goodies...
70K trouble free miles as of 4/1/11
cheers
Bungln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 04:09 PM   #6
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bungln View Post
04 vegas. 60,000 miles. went thru 1 drive belt and except for oil and tires that is it.
My point exactly!
diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 04:12 PM   #7
stevie3x

ive owned various brands of m.c. and belong to a group which includes all types and brands, they all break or at the least have flats, with that said by all means purchase a towing service, check out M.T.S. Motorcycle Towing Service $90.00 per yr. tow up to $300.00 with a Motorcycle specific tow rig. check with the other towing services such as Auto club , you have to purchase R V towing package to get motorcycle coverage. most use a flat bed type truck.

steve
stevie3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 04:55 PM   #8
Gray Rider

Send a message via ICQ to Gray Rider
Default Vision reliability

I've owned my '08 comfort tourer since November 1st of 2008. Currently I have 11,200 miles on the clock. Except from replacing a rear tire, the bike has not been back to the dealer since the 500 mile checkup. So far 100% reliable.

Just my two cents.

BTW, this is my first Victory after more than 23 years of riding.
Gray Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 12:28 PM   #9
metalguy

I have almost 28,000 on my 2008 midnight cherry Vision tour. No real mechanical issues. Just oil changes, tire changes, and regular lube points. Oh! I did have a cable on the trunk break. -----Metalguy
metalguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2010, 09:12 PM   #10
Joe Schmoe

Bought my Vision in August '09..I now have 16,000 no issues at all...Three warranty claims and NONE of them mechanical!!

Great bike!

108.7 HP and 112.9 ft/lbs Torque
Member of the "Year Round Riding Club"
Proud owner of a Cadillac Crotch Rocket
Joe Schmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement