Need new bars - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory V92C

Old 10-17-2012, 09:15 AM   #1
g17jimmy

Default Need new bars

I did what everyone will eventually do and dropped my bike a few weeks ago. The only real damage is to the handlebars(bent), a scuff on the front fender, and scuffed controls. I need to get new bars and want to change to something like a mini ape but don't know how much I can change without having to lengthen the electrical wires. I know I have to change the brake line no matter how little I change, the clutch cable has a good bit of room to move. What have you guys done? How far can you move the controls up without re-wiring?

Thanks!
g17jimmy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-17-2012, 12:56 PM   #2
Atbyrne

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by g17jimmy View Post
I did what everyone will eventually do and dropped my bike a few weeks ago. The only real damage is to the handlebars(bent), a scuff on the front fender, and scuffed controls. I need to get new bars and want to change to something like a mini ape but don't know how much I can change without having to lengthen the electrical wires. I know I have to change the brake line no matter how little I change, the clutch cable has a good bit of room to move. What have you guys done? How far can you move the controls up without re-wiring?

Thanks!
I went the whole way and went with 16" and replaced all cables and ran the wires internally. Well worth I think. Would not have been happy with just mini apes.
Working on custom HD fairing for it.
01 VStar 1100 Bagger
Custom all the way.
Atbyrne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:23 PM   #3
g17jimmy

Do you have pics? How much trouble was it to do the wires internally and what bars did you use? (looked at your 'garage' and see the pics, do you have any close ups of the left side, or in-progress pics?) Running the wires inside the bars sounds nice, but I don't have tons of time. Thanks!

Last edited by g17jimmy; 10-17-2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
Atbyrne

Garage

Quote:
Do you have pics? How much trouble was it to do the wires internally and what bars did you use? (looked at your 'garage' and see the pics, do you have any close ups of the left side, or in-progress pics?) Running the wires inside the bars sounds nice, but I don't have tons of time. Thanks!
No close up pictures, did not do any along the way pictures. I went with a set of drag specialties 16" 1.5' bars for a Harley. I used a Harley riser/clamp. Wires were a bitch, to many. LOL! I had a friend help me with them. Put all SS cables on it. I can probably get some pics. The bike is all tore apart getting tins painted. I would not go back one of the best things I ever did.
01 VStar 1100 Bagger
Custom all the way.
Old 10-17-2012, 06:32 PM   #5
g17jimmy

I'd like to see any pics you could get, of wiring and of the risers/clamp. My bike has been torn apart for 3 weeks and I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:27 AM   #6
Atbyrne

Garage

Quote:
I'd like to see any pics you could get, of wiring and of the risers/clamp. My bike has been torn apart for 3 weeks and I've been trying to figure out what I'm going to do with it.
I will see what I can get for you. It will be around $400 -$500 to do them. I will try to get them tonight, but not sure if I will have time.
01 VStar 1100 Bagger
Custom all the way.
Old 10-18-2012, 11:45 AM   #7
g17jimmy

Thanks! What was the extra length needed for the brake and clutch lines (if you know right off) ?
Old 10-20-2012, 02:34 PM   #8
Atbyrne

Garage

Quote:
Thanks! What was the extra length needed for the brake and clutch lines (if you know right off) ?
The cables I get from a guy in new mexico. I just gave him the original cable part number an he is able to come up with the rest do to the size of the bars. They are a custom order cable so it will take a little bit. Below is his information and some pictures of the bars.

Tim Bondurant
575-671-0050
Metric Magic
24116 Highway 70
Bent, New Mexico 88314
metric.magic@gmail.com

01 VStar 1100 Bagger
Custom all the way.
Old 10-20-2012, 03:57 PM   #9
RICZ

I need new bars too. I've been told not to return to the ones in my neighborhood. No sense of humor.
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:36 AM   #10
g17jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by RICZ View Post
I need new bars too. I've been told not to return to the ones in my neighborhood. No sense of humor.
After a $hitty morning I needed a laugh. Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement