Future High-Ball Owner - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Rules and New Members Introductions

Old 10-21-2012, 01:50 PM   #1
bsbabcock

Default New High-Ball Owner

Hello from Asheville.. Closest Vic' dealer I think is better than an hour away (shamefully). However, while out of town (kudo's to Phil at Victory of Louisville) I got to finally check out a High-ball in person.

Nice nice scoot. It's changed my mind I believe from having Yamaha Raider on the brain for better than a couple years now. The High-ball is set up perfectly for what I'm after, except for maybe some carry capability (which can be done with I suppose a sissybar bag or some kind of quick detach bag). Saw/heard some RPW Slash pipes while there.. Ok I'll take 'em!

So given I have no local dealer to support within an hour drive (that I know of), and a solid quote from a solid dealer, I foresee a trip over the mountain for a couple guys from Louisville to deliver a scoot and get some Smokey Mtn riding in, hopefully before the end of the year. (wood flooring project must happen first for wife-acceptance-factor).

There's my story and I'm sticking to it. Sold on the Vic's and sooooo glad to see the company doing well. After two, I cannot see me buying another H-D. Done with overpriced chinese bikes.

Last edited by bsbabcock; 01-29-2013 at 01:50 PM. Reason: title change
bsbabcock is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
bsbabcock

Can't post in threads.. Newbie hasn't earned the privilege maybe? Mr Awesome Admin can I join in? :: Bribe needed? First round on me? LOL!
Old 01-16-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
bsbabcock

Deposit on a 2013 High-Ball today unless I come to my senses. Dealer is about 1 1/2 hour drive. Couldn't pass up the quote.

I'll be looking at some kind of sissybar bag parts or luggage rack maybe. Also I'll be in the hunt for exhaust options. Something that performs and rumbles like the old rineharts did on the previously owned fatboy.

Stoked is an understatement! FINALLY!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Motorcycle.com Free App
Old 01-16-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
Can't post in threads.. Newbie hasn't earned the privilege maybe? Mr Awesome Admin can I join in? :: Bribe needed? First round on me? LOL!
You didn't read the rules, but we'll forgive you since you're new. You have access to the rest of the forums now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsbabcock View Post
Deposit on a 2013 High-Ball today unless I come to my senses.
Huh? If you come to your senses, you will stop beating around the bush and ride that stallion home.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:10 AM   #5
bsbabcock

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
You didn't read the rules, but we'll forgive you since you're new. You have access to the rest of the forums now.
Yep.. I obviously must have missed something good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrossRoads View Post
Huh? If you come to your senses, you will stop beating around the bush and ride that stallion home.
If it weren't supposed to be 40-something degrees and coming over that Mountain from TN to Asheville, I'd be all over it.. On top of which I don't even have a decent jacket anymore.. Basement mold got to it. and sold the chaps back in 08 when the last scoot (fatboy) left the driveway for the last time with its new owner. I bet I'd have a helluva time just finding my gloves and helmet. Talk about unprepared.. I've gotta go find some trailer straps even.

Spontaneous out of the blue purchase. The quote combined with the Mrs warming up to the idea after I put in my side of the bargain (4" red oak flooring) plus not having the kids this weekend.. Perfect storm for a road-trip to pick'r up. Oh why couldn't it be 67 degrees like last weekend?!?!?!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM   #6
heddonbaits

Default I got mine in Raleigh

Bought it this past weekend.
The bag works good on here.I believe they are from leatherman? And these Bassani turn outs sound great.
heddonbaits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 10:50 PM   #7
bsbabcock

Nice! I'm staying stock through break in while I come to some decision about exhaust. Just beginning to learn. Unfortunately no local dealers close by so a dealer-installed download remap will be very inconvenient.

Old 01-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
bsbabcock

Default Re: Future High-Ball Owner

@#//&! No pickup this weekend. Trouble acquiring truck and trailer and snow on there ground at the dealer anyway. Not like I'm riding in this weather anyway. So waiting a week. Oh well.

Old 01-27-2013, 06:11 PM   #9
bsbabcock

Default Re: Future High-Ball Owner

She's home and happy and now I'm anxious for decent riding weather. Yeehaw!!

Old 01-28-2013, 08:14 AM   #10
Kool

Nice ride....waitin on mine to arrive tomorrow. Will have to shovel a path to the shed...freakin snow.
Kool is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement