New XC Mirrors--Wow!!! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-23-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
BThomas
Premium Member

Default New XC Mirrors--Wow!!!

I've only had my new XC for a week but I put new mirrors on it and am so impressed I had to share! I'm 6'3", about 270 and wear a 54/56 jacket so I'm both tall and pretty broad in the shoulders. I've always had to twist my body to actually be able to use my mirrors on motorcycles (since my shoulders were blocking them)...Same deal with my stock 2012 XC.

I purchased and installed Kuryakyn Magnum Plus Large Head Convex mirrors for my bike and installed them yesterday and they are unbelievable. Beautiful pieces of work, solid, heavy and the "Magnum Plus" version actually extends them out beyond my 56" shoulders so I can see behind me ALL of the time!!!!

For some of you this might not be a big deal but for me it's like a new world--hahahahahaha...

Anyway, these mirrors are very nice, have multiple adjustments and if you're my size, you will be very happy with them!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2012-10-20_20-15-54_86.jpg (35.7 KB, 145 views)
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-23-2012, 11:25 PM   #2
Marius

Those look very nice indeed! I also think that the factory mirrors on my Hammer are beyond inadequate, so I may look into these as well. I can't figure out how they put those tiny mirrors on these big bikes. My m50 had bigger ones, for gods sake!
1995 Mustang GT... Work in Progress...
Marius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:09 AM   #3
Speedblue

Default black mirrors

I am no wear as large as you, 5'7" and maybe 180-lbs. I thought the stock mirrors were not the greatest. My hands would hit the factory mirrors on my XR when I wore gloves very easily. I got some black mirrors from a friend off a Triumph Tiger he had in his garage. They look good(to me) and I got plenty of hand clearance and I can see behind me much better. To many the tiny mirrors look bad a$$ or cool. I would rather be able to see who or what is coming up behind me,feel much safer. ---Your mirrors look great and they make you happy,enjoy the new bike.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 05:03 AM   #4
gibson
Lifetime Premium

How are doing staying tight and from vibrations on the road?
gibson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 12:30 PM   #5
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gibson View Post
How are doing staying tight and from vibrations on the road?
They are very tight--there are set screws on back of mirror that adjust tightness there... Also there is a set screw at base of mirror stem that you tighten once the new post is where you want it.

Only driven 70 miles so far but I don't see any issues just by the way they're designed. Also, they are totally vibration-free and the mirror surface is a bit larger than stock which I really appreciate...

You have to buy the mirrors separately (couldn't find them as a pair) and then buy the Metric bike adapter (~$10) so they fit on the XC.

Used blue loctite on stem to mirror and bottom of stem to adapter.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:58 PM   #6
RMH

Ahhh. Those are the mirrors that came on my used 2010 XC when I bought it a little over a year ago. Never knew what they were.

I like them a lot too.

Had to replace an adaptor earlier this year when it broke after trying too forcefully to tighten it down. Not sure what it was, but couldn't seem to keep it tight in one place, and this went on for 6 months. After I replaced the adapter and tightened everything down as intended, it hasn't moved since. Other has been solid the whole time.

Only other irritation, which may be true for most or all motorcylce mirrors, is they always seem to be dirty. I could clean them at the start of every day riding and by end of day they would be dirty again.

Cheers,
Randy

2007 Honda VTX 1300 (Traded up)
2007 Honda VT750 Shadow (Traded up)
25 years without a bike :(
Honda CB 125, 360, & 550 in my youth, late '70s - early '80s
RMH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:34 PM   #7
ChuglyXJ

I had those on my last bike, loved the view but the left one would never stay put, the stem continually came loose. One day tight next day loose, even with red loctight. Even with that issue they are the ones I'm getting if I upgrade the stock mirrors.
Old 10-25-2012, 01:18 AM   #8
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I too have a set of those. They work very well. Even the next size down work well. I change mirrors around all the time. It's just something I do.

I'm currently running some Scythe Mirrors from Kury. Got them in a barter deal when I made some heat deflectors for someone. They are actually quite heavy and don't vibrate as much as some others I've had. I think I'm going to get some flat lead wheel weights to see if I can calm the mirrors down on another bike. I've heard it can work well but the secret is getting it look good too.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 01:36 AM   #9
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I too have a set of those. They work very well. Even the next size down work well. I change mirrors around all the time. It's just something I do.

I'm currently running some Scythe Mirrors from Kury. Got them in a barter deal when I made some heat deflectors for someone. They are actually quite heavy and don't vibrate as much as some others I've had. I think I'm going to get some flat lead wheel weights to see if I can calm the mirrors down on another bike. I've heard it can work well but the secret is getting it look good too.
I love the look of the Scythe mirrors--almost bought them instead of these but I was afraid of the field of view... Are they too skinny? How do they compare to stock or do you even remember what stock looked like with you having that mirror fetish you talk about?? LOL!
Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 AM   #10
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

LOL! Now, don't go starting any rumors, with AZDave and SB prowling around here...

Actually the field of vision is surprisingly good with the Scythe mirrors. I had the knock off's in black a while back but gave them away. Just didn't do it for me.

You know how a certain bike needs just a certain looking mirror? I like to combine form and function.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement