check out this upgrade!!!!! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 10-25-2012, 04:19 PM   #1
shooter

Default check out this upgrade!!!!!

I finally found a way to cover the ugly ass factory master cylinder,thanks to witch doctors!!! They always come thru for me great product and received when expected!!I also got gas tank cap bolt colored buttons that little mod made the gas tank pop looks custom!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 002.jpg (35.2 KB, 103 views)
File Type: jpg 012.jpg (42.0 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 003.jpg (54.9 KB, 87 views)
File Type: jpg 006.jpg (39.1 KB, 83 views)
File Type: jpg 009.jpg (62.7 KB, 81 views)
2011 vic cc coryness #190
Rpw slip ons
H.I.D light
08 kingpin-sold
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2012, 04:36 PM   #2
rudemon

looks sharp as hell!
Ness Fly Bars
rudemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:38 PM   #3
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Looks way better now!

I went in a slightly different direction with the Rizoma reservoir but then this option wasn't available then. The chrome plastic piece from Victory finishes the area up nicely I think.

BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:00 PM   #4
shooter

BBOb that chrome cover looks good how much$$ for that piece?
2011 vic cc coryness #190
Rpw slip ons
H.I.D light
08 kingpin-sold
shooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 PM   #5
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter View Post
BBOb that chrome cover looks good how much$$ for that piece?
It wasn't a lot. Maybe $30 but it feels cheap in your hands because it's high tech plastic that is held on by clear silicone. Check with your dealer or favorite online dealer. Kate maybe?

Once it's on it looks fine though IMHO.

It has been on a long time now and no peeling of the chrome or anything. It's probably better that it's lightweight plastic rather than a heavier steel or something that might rust in time.
Old 10-25-2012, 06:33 PM   #6
9secondsflat

its only cause you have the bling...diamond cut heads...those peasants like I dont care about that because we dont have the bling.....but I do have cams....and if you wanna run..I have a 243 rwhp triumph rocket....no bling their either...

btw...looks really nice..that plastic bull shit that victory offers to cover up the stock cylinder is junk...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
It wasn't a lot. Maybe $30 but it feels cheap in your hands because it's high tech plastic that is held on by clear silicone. Check with your dealer or favorite online dealer. Kate maybe?

Once it's on it looks fine though IMHO.

It has been on a long time now and no peeling of the chrome or anything. It's probably better that it's lightweight plastic rather than a heavier steel or something that might rust in time.
1976 Yamaha RD350
1977 Suzuki RM125
1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1997 Honda CBR1100 XX
2000 Turbo Hayabusa
2001 Suzuki GSXR1000
2009 Victory Hammer S
2008 Yamaha Wr250x
2009 Kawasaki 650R
2010 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
2007 KTM 950 SM

Current bikes- 2010 Victory XC and ZX14, Triumph Carpenter Rocket 243 rwhp/193 ft/lbs tq at the tire.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:35 PM   #7
Blueline

Different approaches to get the same result. Looks good. Anything is better than a "urine specimen" hanging off the side of your bike. I had made for me a cover that originally was a fork slider in chrome from a Yamaha. Whatever it takes to cover that homely thing up.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:45 PM   #8
Pop

Garage

Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult. There are some other slap in the face geegaws on these things. I just don't get it. This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer. It's a first world luxury motorcycle. If Victory is compelled to incorporate a urine cup into the product, at least hide the damn thing. I wouldn't have batted an eye at another 100 bucks or 500 for that matter to just bury some of that stuff. Some other American motorcycle manufacturers think that their brake reservoirs are ugly enough to merit a cover standard equipment, and those reservoirs are painted metal... and they still cover them.
I mean it's not like we're not going to spend money on these things. Do they think we need additional incentive? I can just hear some bright boy in a marketing huddle "hell, why don't we just put 30 dollar Pep Boys China tires on it. The customer can buy decent rubber after the sale."
At the very least I wish they would consider curb appeal from closer than 10 feet away. I know my buds will be wowed by the power and the goodies but they will run me like a Kentucky mule over things like that Walmart fluid res.
I guess the good news is that Polaris has created a condition for me to improve that will result in more than just modifying for mod sake. There will be a payoff that is more than just swapping out perfectly good parts for other perfectly good parts. I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:54 AM   #9
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
its only cause you have the bling...diamond cut heads...those peasants like I dont care about that because we dont have the bling.....but I do have cams....and if you wanna run..I have a 243 rwhp triumph rocket....no bling their either...

btw...looks really nice..that plastic bull shit that victory offers to cover up the stock cylinder is junk...
9secondsflat: Couple of beers after work, eh. All good but I don't see why you are doggin' on the rear master cylinder cover. Sure; it could be nicer but the bike model has been out for 3-4 years now and no one has come up with anything better and so far; the cheap chrome plastic thing is still working ok and doing what it was supposed to do.

Oh, wait, this isn't about the cover at all is it! It's about slipping into the conversation to mention your badass TR.

Well heck, mate, why didn't you just say so straight up?

C'mon mang; spill it out there and don't forget the pics, eh!!
Old 10-26-2012, 01:01 AM   #10
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
Yep, I just want to chime in here. That POS reservoir really is an insult.
This isn't a Zookie dirter for the kid, or a eastern bloc knock off of a western euro boxer.

I will see real improvement and so will anyone with a discerning eye, and I haven't even started about that Radio Shack wet dream hanging off of the handlebars.
Well... don't hold back Pop!! Give us the full run down and tell us how you REALLY feel.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement