CLASSIFIEDS - Dealing with other members - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Victoryforums Help Desk

Old 11-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #1
M1ster_H1ghway

Default CLASSIFIEDS - Dealing with other members

What a freaking joke this has been up to this point!

I was excited to find these forums to upgrade my Victory that I purchased last month but I have to say that EVERY person Ive tried dealing with on this site (and there are 4 so far) have been nothing but a freaking joke to "deal" with.

Go back and forth to buy a seat, get a deal arranged... then the person wants me to MAIL him a CHECK to Florida! Who mails a check to someone to purchase something anymore. Its not 2002, its 2012... thats why we have Paypal.

I try to buy passenger pegs, person says "Yes I still have them and will send you some pics today."... 3 days later no response, no pics, posts that they're sold.

Try to sell something... go back & forth, have a deal setup and then here comes the "renegotiation" for a low ball price. People trying to get something for nothing AFTER they already agreed to what you were discussing.

Then you have the "older" threads that nothing is updated in, send messages inquirying to find out stuff has been sold days, weeks or months ago. WHY NOT UPDATED THE DANG THREAD THEN!?

The classifieds here should be called "Victory Forums Craigslist" because its just like dealing with people on Craigslist... ignorant and nothing but a waste of ones time!

http://www.facebook.com/jarrodbarnett99
M1ster_H1ghway is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 01:49 PM   #2
CrossRoads
Administrator

Doh! Sounds like you're on a streak of bad luck. Better luck next time.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 01:50 PM   #3
Azdave

I have had the exact opposite. All deals went through no hassles no problems. Sorry to hear about your run of bad luck
2006 Jackpot sold
2006 Vrod Screaming Eagle (sold)
1972 Kawasaki 1000
Azdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 06:45 PM   #4
ndabunka

Sorry to hear you have had difficulties. I also have had the exact OPPOSITE results. I reached out to someone here who's advertisement had fallen to the 3rd page of the classifieds section after a period of about 2 months of no activity. Contacted the lister and offered him a reasonable price. Paid via paypal and had them here in something like 3 days. Great deal, better price and fast response.

Please try again and let us know how it goes. The reality is that these are public listings and you actually are dealing with individuals the same way you would on eBay, Craigslist, etc. Just because it's an enthusiast forum doesn't mean that the listers are any more efficient at selling their stuff here than on a craigslist...

2011 Victory Ness Cross Country #120
Ness Thunderheaders, Ness Knurled Highway Pegs (Custom), WitchDoctor Chrome CAM tension cover/Red Engine Bolts, Madstad System, DIY Garage Door Mod, Chrome Saddle Bag Lid Rails, PC-V & AutoTune
ndabunka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:44 AM   #5
Bob C350

I'd have to agree with the other posters. I've bought several items form member on this forurm and it's been a great experience. I did have some drama with one seller but even that worked out in the long run and was no big deal.

Keep in mind that PayPal charges the seller about 4%. If I'm getting a good deal I'll even offer to pay or split the fee but I'd have no problem mailing a check to help the seller avoid the fees.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-08-2012, 05:40 PM   #6
jsims006

I've tried making deals with members here.

I offer them a decent price for their product... the only problem is they think their used - previously installed part - with parts missing -and fingernail deep scratches - also missing instructions - and you name it - is worth more than a brand new one still in the wrapper.

I base my prices from what I see other sites and other classifieds advertised, and you can believe that if you don't sell it to me... I won't be crying about it, unlike some of the members crying about being lowballed on a legit offer.

Don't want to negotiate? That is fine too... don't say OBO then.

- On the flip side -

I saw a member here looking for something specific. I held my end - description of product - multiple pictures - shipping quote - and negotiated the sale. He held up his end - paypal received - valid address - and I held up mine - boxed it that night - mailed it as agreed - provided tracking - and the guy was very happy with the result, and I am very happy also.

So, it all really boils down to the character of the people you are dealing with.

Don't feed the trolls.

I always prefer dealing local as to dealing with the internet.
Performance - Lloydz Torque Tubes
Controls - Ness Fly Bars, Knurled Grips, Knurled Pegs
Controls - Victory Tachometer & Gauge Unlock
Comfort - Victory Jackpot Touring Seat
Comfort - Dual HID from VictoryHID.com

Upcoming Modifications
Controls - Forward Controls
Electric - MBW Front Turn Signals
Electric - MBW Rear Turn Signals
Electric - Accutronix License Bracket
jsims006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 06:05 PM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I've been burned once here and twice on the club forum. Ironically I never got burned when dealing with people on the harley forum. Not once.

There are some really decent people riding Vics but obviously there are some flaky twits as well. It sucks but there it is. Gotta be very careful. One time on the other forum I bought a set of pipes. Got them in great shape but without the brackets needed to mount them. The seller did not know there was a special bracket so now I guess I'll have to make them if I want to use the pipes. Getting a hold of the guy is a pain because he is in and out of town a lot. I don't think he intentionally cheated me and when he sent a pic; the bracket was not in it so I should have asked about it but I honestly didn't know enough to ask and he didn't know enough to mention it.

The other two times were obvious rip offs.

Most of the time, like 99%, it goes just fine but I find myself wanting to buy off the forums less unless I see a really good post count and an active member on the forums. I think that really decreases the chance for a bad experience.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:44 AM   #8
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ster_H1ghway View Post
Then you have the "older" threads that nothing is updated in, send messages inquirying to find out stuff has been sold days, weeks or months ago. WHY NOT UPDATED THE DANG THREAD THEN!?

The classifieds here should be called "Victory Forums Craigslist" because its just like dealing with people on Craigslist... ignorant and nothing but a waste of ones time!

Sorry your having a tough run on the classifieds.. I guess I always looked at it as a snapshot of society I am dealing with and leave it at that. The deals that I have made have been good. The ones that havent went through for what ever reason, well they didnt work... Just like loosing something on Ebay to me.

I will say that the actvie group in these forums seem to be good good folks to deal with and when your in need they seem to point you in the right direction either here or to other sources. Maybe try WTB posts and see what you get putting the work on the seller or posting in your model forum. Just a couple thoughts.

AND, since I didnt see your new members post, Welcome to the fourms and congrats on your ride. A lot of good folks around here willing to help should you need it.

Safe ridin
Tim
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 12:06 PM   #9
so-crates

Quote:
Originally Posted by M1ster_H1ghway View Post
What a freaking joke this has been up to this point!

I was excited to find these forums to upgrade my Victory that I purchased last month but I have to say that EVERY person Ive tried dealing with on this site (and there are 4 so far) have been nothing but a freaking joke to "deal" with.

Go back and forth to buy a seat, get a deal arranged... then the person wants me to MAIL him a CHECK to Florida! Who mails a check to someone to purchase something anymore. Its not 2002, its 2012... thats why we have Paypal.

I try to buy passenger pegs, person says "Yes I still have them and will send you some pics today."... 3 days later no response, no pics, posts that they're sold.

Try to sell something... go back & forth, have a deal setup and then here comes the "renegotiation" for a low ball price. People trying to get something for nothing AFTER they already agreed to what you were discussing.

For a second there, I thought you WERE talking about Craigslist...thats pretty much been my experience there. I hate using CL to buy or sell stuff.

That said, I think I know what the problem is. You have a flaw. Dont take this wrong - I too suffer from this same flaw. The flaw is that you tend to think that the rest of the world ought to be as courteous and consciencious as you are. This is why it bugs the hell out of you that they do not update their posts (because you do), that they lowball (you'd never do something as low as that) and that they do not respond immediately (like you do.)

So, try to remember this while you are smoldering in anger: you are better than they are, and you are comparing them to yourself. No wonder it pisses you off.

Before I bought my Vic, I was trying to sell the Honda I had. Some guy negotiates a price and I agree to it, despite it being below what I wanted...and the next day he calls and says he changed his mind - unless I want to knock another $500 off the price. I wanted to kick him in his teeth! Then, I had another guy tell me he wanted the bike and he was coming over right now...an hour later, he shows up and proclaims that he will take the bike - except that I have to wait three weeks for him to get the money together. He actually wanted me to guarantee I wouldnt sell it to anyone else... I told him sure - give me $1K non-refundable deposit, and if you havent picked it up in three weeks and given me my money, you lose the $1K and I sell the bike to someone else. Yeah - he didnt want to do that...he just wanted me to hold it for him.

People are so ridiculously self centered!!!
2003 Vegas - straight pipes, Big Sucker air filter kit, black powder coated everything - foot controls, handlebars, clutch and brake housing, fork lowers, luggage rack, wheels, digital speedo with powder coated housing. Relocated key switch, red plug wires. Mustang solo seat. LED ring blinkers in front. Black DEI pipe wrap.
so-crates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 06:10 AM   #10
Pop

Garage

I'm looking at the top of the screen. Address bar- check.
Bottom of screen. Wireless strength meter- check.
Yep. This here is the internet. Peeps shooting from the hip, making promises they won't keep, scamming for whatever they can, trying to get other peeps money.
Come on, really?
You came to a forum and expected its denizens to be cut from a better grade of cloth than any other diverse pot of humanity?
By the way, if you have been thinking that it would be way cool to have your own personal bridge to ride your bike on welllll then have I got a deal for you.
Meet me in Brooklyn and hey, good news. I take PayPal.

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement