Carpe Diem - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 11-01-2012, 08:20 PM   #1
meeve

Default Carpe Diem

After riding various dirt bikes and enduros with the odd street bike thrown in from the mid 70's until the mid 90's, I finally gave up bikes so that my wife would stop being such a spaz thinking I was going to die every day. Settled on a nice little convertible that she wasn't terrified of. Fast forward 20 years and I'm bored with the car and have the bike itch again.

So three weeks ago I let her know that it's time to sell the sports car and not wanting to pee that money away on siding or new cupboards, I needed another toy. A bike in fact and she says....wait for it... "maybe I should get one too" "Holy crap", I say, "seriously?" "Ya", says she, "the kids are gone and this is something you and I can do together."

Not wanting that bubble to burst, she had this two days later:

Now my turn. Had my eye on a new Boardwalk so 3 days later, after doing a little shopping, I bought this:

So, as the dealer is doing the paperwork on the Boardwalk and the bike is being taken off the showroom floor, my eye catches a bike they didn't have in just 2 days earlier. Nice, I think to myself and go back to work. Just one problem. I can't get that bike out of my mind. I google it, I youtube it, the numbers hit the spreadsheet, all that crap. I explain my dilemma to my wife and she insightfully asks, which one wouldn't make you think you should have maybe bought the other. Instant answer....this one:

So , less than 24 hours after I bought my first Victory, I traded it in and bought the second one. So within one week I bought three bikes and traded one. It was a good week.
1979 FIAT Spider 2000
meeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-01-2012, 08:31 PM   #2
Lem
Lifetime Premium

Congrats! enjoy your riding, especially since your wife will be going with you! Working on that with my wife now, got her a permit and shes learning on a little virago.

2009 Pearl Red V-Star 950
Sold
Lem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:37 PM   #3
Frankyoz

Thats awesome sounds like a great week you gotta do what makes you happy.
Frankyoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 10:53 PM   #4
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Good on ya! I did something similar but not nearly as quick. Traded in an HD Softail for Jackpot and then 3 months later traded the Jackpot and an HD Street Glide custom for an 11 XC. Other than spending way too much money on bikes for the last 3 years or so; I'm happy with what I have and will be once I sell one Kingpin and one Sportster so I can get back to having just two bikes again.

I kinda wish I could have the XC and an XR in some config like the HardBall but that's definitely not in the budget. The Pin and XC complement each other so I'm happy.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:00 AM   #5
TNXR

Good lookin' Cross Roads but I really like the white Boardwalk as well. Just buying for looks and not function then a Boardwalk or Judge would be in my garage right now but with either one I would have had to put a windshield, bags, and sissybar on so. The XR fit that bill perfectly and don't regret the getting it but still find myslef drooling over that orange Judge.
Old 11-02-2012, 06:06 AM   #6
9secondsflat

so you actually purchased the boardwalk? they did the paperwork..either for the loan or paid in full and the title work was sent off???

how bad of a hit did you take when you traded it in...because if its not in the dealers name...then its been registered and considered a used bike by all dealer standards...
1976 Yamaha RD350
1977 Suzuki RM125
1997 Suzuki Intruder 1400
1997 Honda CBR1100 XX
2000 Turbo Hayabusa
2001 Suzuki GSXR1000
2009 Victory Hammer S
2008 Yamaha Wr250x
2009 Kawasaki 650R
2010 Suzuki DRZ400SM
2006 Big Dog Mastiff
2007 KTM 950 SM

Current bikes- 2010 Victory XC and ZX14, Triumph Carpenter Rocket 243 rwhp/193 ft/lbs tq at the tire.
9secondsflat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 11:05 AM   #7
TNXR

Wondering the same thing.
Old 11-02-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Blueline

Well, after all of that, you got the right bike for you and helping your economy out too. Good luck with that nice bike.
116 Big Bore
"The Millinium Falcon"
Blueline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:59 PM   #9
meeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNXR View Post
Good lookin' Cross Roads but I really like the white Boardwalk as well. Just buying for looks and not function then a Boardwalk or Judge would be in my garage right now but with either one I would have had to put a windshield, bags, and sissybar on so. The XR fit that bill perfectly and don't regret the getting it but still find myslef drooling over that orange Judge.
I love that Boardwalk too, but that's where the spreadsheet came in. By the time I added the cost of a windshield, bags, and stage 1 exhaust to the Boardwalk I was already over the cost of the XR which also hAd cruise, ABS, highway lights and engine guard. Didn't make sense to pay more for less.
1979 FIAT Spider 2000
Old 11-02-2012, 01:10 PM   #10
meeve

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9secondsflat View Post
so you actually purchased the boardwalk? they did the paperwork..either for the loan or paid in full and the title work was sent off???

how bad of a hit did you take when you traded it in...because if its not in the dealers name...then its been registered and considered a used bike by all dealer standards...
No hit at all. No financing involved and I walked away with bill of sale and documents for insurance. They said the next day they had even ordered a new white Boardwalk from Polaris. Whether or not they had registered the sale with Polaris I have no clue. Perhaps they held off on that because they saw my wheels turning when I was looking at the XR.
1979 FIAT Spider 2000

Last edited by meeve; 11-02-2012 at 01:21 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement