J&S Jack and Victory .. - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #1
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Default J&S Jack and Victory ..

I really did try to the search feature not new to Forums or Motorcycles, but Victory I am .. I even checked J&S Web Site and they state on it Their Jack works with Victory no adapters needed .. But were very vague about models, years etc.. The J&S worked Great with my Ultra Classic ( gone now ) and also my FXR4 ( will never be gone ) Anyway curious if any have the J&S Jack and will it work with my 2012 Cross Country .. When rolled it under the XC didn't like what I saw when came to lifting .. Thanks, GJ
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2012, 10:25 PM   #2
Pckrfan

There is a thread on here somewhere about those jacks. Just use the search link in the tool bar above and type in J&S jacks and it should pop up
XC/XR heated tour seat & bag bars
Ness derby covers & Rad III mirrors
Avon heated grips, air horn and lotsa blacked out stuff. (Green Goblin artwork by Bad Boy Designs in Peoria AZ)

Artificial intelligence is absolutely 100% NO match for natural stupidity!
Pckrfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 AM   #3
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Found it .. Looks like Going need a skid plate to feel safe with it, but may not be a bad idea to have it anyway ..
Old 11-03-2012, 05:58 AM   #4
TNXR

I have mine up and down on my cheap HF jack several times yesterday and it is stable enough for me. Wants to tetor front to back a little but not bad, just put wood blocks under the front tire (I was working on the back tire) and good to go. I even put a strap over the seat and rolled the bike around to a different spot in the garage and it did fine.
Old 11-03-2012, 06:11 AM   #5
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Thanks TN Appreciate it ..
Old 11-03-2012, 06:21 AM   #6
basshawk84

Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorJoe View Post
I really did try to the search feature not new to Forums or Motorcycles, but Victory I am .. I even checked J&S Web Site and they state on it Their Jack works with Victory no adapters needed .. But were very vague about models, years etc.. The J&S worked Great with my Ultra Classic ( gone now ) and also my FXR4 ( will never be gone ) Anyway curious if any have the J&S Jack and will it work with my 2012 Cross Country .. When rolled it under the XC didn't like what I saw when came to lifting .. Thanks, GJ
SAme deal here. I've had my J&S for several years and worked great on my last HD Ultra. I called them and asked how to get it to work on the XCT. They sent me some rubber spacers that work just fine. I've got a thread on here with pics showing te spacers if needed. I love that jack!
Old 11-03-2012, 07:24 AM   #7
TNXR

The J&S jack is definitely on my list of things to get but the cheap ol HF will have to do for now.
Old 11-03-2012, 12:06 PM   #8
visionjohnny

The Vic motor structure is very strong for jacking the bike up.
You have to use some common cents.
Stop and think what your going to do and Loosen all bolts before lifting. The bike is very tip see so blocks of some sort under each wheel will give good support. Make sure jack left lock is set in place.
I really don't understand tyeing the to the lift it makes no cents.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 03:03 PM   #9
TNXR

I strap mine down across the seat because I don't want to take a chance of side to side movement when I move the jack while the bike is on it.
Old 11-05-2012, 07:02 AM   #10
GatorJoe
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by visionjohnny View Post
The Vic motor structure is very strong for jacking the bike up.
You have to use some common cents.
Stop and think what your going to do and Loosen all bolts before lifting.
The bike is very tipsee so blocks of some sort under each wheel will give good support. Make sure jack left lock is set in place.
I really don't understand tyeing the to the lift it makes no cents.

Tying the Bike to a lift is not a bad idea even though J&S say's it is not needed sometimes better oversafe than sorry if a Bike falls off the Jack is gonna be damage guaranteed..

Anyway when you say blocks for the wheel I usually take the Bike up on the jack far above the point blocks for the wheel are needed .. Just a couple pics as pics explain things far better than I do I guess ..

Advertisement