Helmet snap quick release - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 09:28 AM   #1
OkieHoss
Lifetime Premium

Default Helmet snap quick release

I hate the buckle and hate messing with it.. I found this on ebay and it is DOT approved..just wanted to share gents.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECHO-QUICK-R...andise&vxp=mtr
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 11:04 AM   #2
Hatchet

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkieHoss View Post
I hate the buckle and hate messing with it.. I found this on ebay and it is DOT approved..just wanted to share gents.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ECHO-QUICK-R...andise&vxp=mtr
Exceeds chin strap test requirements of both DOT and SNELL standards. Not sure if that means its DOT approved.

Traded in a 2009 Harley Electraglide Classic
Hatchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:17 AM   #3
visionjohnny

Gosh you can go to your local bicycle shop and get one
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:23 AM   #4
jsims006

I use one of those for each helmet and it works great. The thing I like about that particular one is the metal-on-metal clip contact.
Performance - Lloydz Torque Tubes
Controls - Ness Fly Bars, Knurled Grips, Knurled Pegs
Controls - Victory Tachometer & Gauge Unlock
Comfort - Victory Jackpot Touring Seat
Comfort - Dual HID from VictoryHID.com

Upcoming Modifications
Controls - Forward Controls
Electric - MBW Front Turn Signals
Electric - MBW Rear Turn Signals
Electric - Accutronix License Bracket
jsims006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
BanditSRT8

They absolutely SUCK.

Put one of these on a helmet a couple years ago because... well, I guess I was feeling particularly lazy.... but it has 2 drawbacks.

1) You can't see what's going on under your chin, and sometimes when you snap it together, it can catch the end of the little red loop on the end of the strap and wedge it in the closure. When this happens... you cannot get your helmet off. It happened to me TWICE, and each time it took 1 to 2 other people to help me get my damned helmet off.

2) You can't adjust the strap length easily. When you feel the need to go a little snugger or a little looser on the strap.. you can't.

One of the worst products on the market actually.

Last edited by BanditSRT8; 11-08-2012 at 05:10 PM.
BanditSRT8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 11:47 AM   #6
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT8 View Post
1) You can't see what's going on under your chin, and sometimes when you snap it together, it can catch the end of the strap and wedge it in the closure. When this happens... you cannot get your helmet off. It happened to me TWICE, and each time it took 1 to 2 other people to help me get my damned helmet off.
Now that's funny.

I never undue my chin strap. I simply slide it over my chin and pull off the helmet. It makes a nice handle for use with the bucket to carry my gloves, glasses etc around once I'm hoofin it.
Old 11-08-2012, 02:15 PM   #7
BanditSRT8

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Now that's funny.

I never undue my chin strap. I simply slide it over my chin and pull off the helmet. It makes a nice handle for use with the bucket to carry my gloves, glasses etc around once I'm hoofin it.
On a full face helmet, you can't do that though. If you could slide it off, then it isn't secure.

That's why I like my Bell helmets, then end of the strap is magnetic, no messing with finding the snap, it just grabs on and is much quicker.
Old 11-08-2012, 03:30 PM   #8
ridealittle

one of my friends had one of those that came from biker rags in knoxville, not sure about the brand. it was on a police style helmet. the damn thing broke off coming down kingston pike and his helmet came off and got run over by several cars. not too safe but one of the funniest things i have ever seen
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:01 PM   #9
AZXCNESS

A good friend of mine passed away this year using one of these. Went down on the 101 and helmet came off. Head trauma is what took him. Took mine off and went back to d rings. Glad I didn't cut strap when I installed. Use knowing all the facts. All I'm saying
2011 XC NESS #254
AZXCNESS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 05:08 PM   #10
basshawk84

I tried one a few years ago and didn't like it simply for the fact it wasn't easy to adjust. so I took it off after about a month. I've had lots of practice with the D rings and have gotten pretty fast.
Advertisement