Demoralizing - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-08-2012, 12:48 PM   #1
saddlebag
Lifetime Premium

Default Demoralizing

We Americans have apparently become too stupid and lazy to do anything for ourselves. God help us if we ever p*ss off the Asians and Germans...

http://www.cnbc.com/id/49743003
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2012, 01:51 PM   #2
depot picker
Lifetime Premium

We are indeed a nation of morons.
Passenger arm rests and handles, driver back rest
Lloydz filter, 1 1/8 hole drilled in muffler baffles,
Harley lugage rack, Ness modular apes
depot picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 03:55 PM   #3
jfusaro

I saw that earlier today. Unbelievable. We introduced the world to the Industrial Revolution, then decided that we were so smart that we didn't need to know how to make things, since we could buy them elsewhere.

Would you like fries with that?
Forged Highway Bars
Lock & Ride Passenger Backrest
-------------------------
Previous Rides:
1993 Honda Gold Wing Interstate
1992 Yamaha TDM 850
1991 Suzuki Bandit 400 (Road Racer)
1991 Yamaha FJ1200
1982 Yamaha SECA 750
1972 Yamaha LT3 Enduro 100
-------------------------
My Other Money Pits:
Photography
Woodturning
Model Railroading
jfusaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2012, 04:36 PM   #4
so-crates

While I agree that Americans are generally lazy and stupid (just look at the election results, with nearly half the USA supporting a twit like Romney!) I do not think this points to American laziness...

Im betting that the average American also cannot start a fire without a lighter or matches - despite the fact that 100 years ago, any American would have possessed this knowledge...

We pioneered the assembly line with Ford Motor Company. Then, we slowly began shipping manufacturing jobs abroad, and as a result, there are few manufacturing jobs left. Others, such as the Chinese and Japanese, have excelled and improved upon Ford's ideas of assembly lines, automating much of the process. And they want to share that knowledge with us??

Id say we would be stupid and lazy to NOT take them up on that offer.
2003 Vegas - straight pipes, Big Sucker air filter kit, black powder coated everything - foot controls, handlebars, clutch and brake housing, fork lowers, luggage rack, wheels, digital speedo with powder coated housing. Relocated key switch, red plug wires. Mustang solo seat. LED ring blinkers in front. Black DEI pipe wrap.
so-crates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 09:48 AM   #5
porchdawg

I am in the electronnics industry and very familiar with Mr Gou and Foxcon. This is the company that had people commiting suicide by jumping out of buildings because of the stresses of piss poor working conditions and slave wages. Personally I believe we do NOT need Gou's advice on how to do business. The man and his company are scumbags.
2011 XC, Stage 1, PCV, forged bars with pegs, 19" Cee Bailey Dragon windshield, 2" pull back bars, hard bags, saddle bag bars, rear trunk, lower deflectors, Baker Air Wings with uppers, front and rear bumpers, Stebel air horn.
Member of TOC
porchdawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 10:31 AM   #6
putput

Company I worked for was bought by Foxconn in bankruptcy.
Many of my co-workers went to China and taught them how to maintain their stamping equipment. They had already copied the dies but could not maintain or repair them. This went on for a couple of years then the facility was shuttered. Before it went south we were stamping for compaq, xerox, ibm, hp all at the same time. Damn I wish I could turn back the clock.
putput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:24 PM   #7
EODK9Trainer

What's this have to do with Victory General Discussion? Not trying to be a smart ass but discussions like this usually go into Off Topic or Politics on other forums I belong to.
EODK9Trainer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement