need some help, please rear axle nut - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 11-20-2012, 08:11 AM   #1
LongRIder

Default need some help, please rear axle nut

Hello, I can't seem to find the size of the rear axle nut in the manual. I assume that it's metric but not sure and I want to go buy a socket for it. Can someone tell me what size the nut is for the rear axle nut? 2012 Cross countryThanks,LongRIder

Last edited by LongRIder; 11-20-2012 at 08:21 AM.
LongRIder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2012, 09:31 AM   #2
ridealittle

i believe you need a 27mm crowsfoot. do a search, there's several threads on it.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:48 AM   #3
CrossRoads
Administrator

1-1/16" nut, to be torqued to 65 ft·lbs.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:57 AM   #4
dtmmil
Premium Member

Yes, 1 1/16" or 27mm, you can get a wrench in there from the bottom at the back without taking the bag off, but its almost easier to take the bag off.
de-badged,(self tinted) Klockwerx flare, passenger backrest, passenger touring floorboards, VictoryHID kit, thrush glasspack mod conversion(#24201),Lloyds air filter(from witchdr.)Lloyds timing wheel(8*), adjustable drop link, cut seat, removed cats, PCV w/at.
1978(2009) Honda cb750 chopper
Hawley MN(sold)
dtmmil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 01:07 PM   #5
TNXR

If you plan on torqueing it down then you will need the 27mm crowsfoot and adjust your lb's for the extra length. It is 57 lbs for my torque wrench and crows foot (the being if my torque wrench is still accurate).
Old 11-20-2012, 03:04 PM   #6
LongRIder

I do plan on torquing the nut to the proper setting. If I buy the crowsfoot, is there a formular to figure out what to set the wrench at to get to the 65 ft lbs? Also, does anyone if a fastener listing is available for these bikes? I noticed that the manual does not do a good job of identifyting fastener sizes.
thanks,
LongRIder
Old 11-20-2012, 03:30 PM   #7
visionjohnny

The question is, will a torque wrench still measure accurately if a cheater bar is used on the end? The answer is yes. All this configuration will do is increase the force on the end of the torque wrench. The torque measured by the wrench doesn't care if there is a hand pressing down on the wrench or if a cheater-bar is supplying the force.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:46 PM   #8
TNXR

There are several places on the web that will provide a calculator, here is one.
http://www.cncexpo.com/TorqueAdapter.aspx
Old 11-20-2012, 07:17 PM   #9
LongRIder

Thank you to everyone that responded. TNXR, Thanks for the calculator too.
LongRIder
Old 11-21-2012, 06:04 AM   #10
TNXR

No problem. If you are adjusting your belt just a warning that when you torque the bolt down it will probably affect the position of the belt on the sprocket. I ended up getting the belt all the way to the left side then a few runs of torque down nut and spin tire then lossen bolt and mess with adjuster nut till I got the belt where it would not run on one side of the sprocket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement