trunk removal - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-06-2012, 10:19 PM   #1
bcflyguy
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Send a message via MSN to bcflyguy
Default trunk removal

When removing the trunk on a 2012 XCT, how and where do you disconnect the electrical. Do you have to reconnect everytime that you put it back on or can you just run with the lower lights?
Thanks
bcflyguy
bcflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2012, 10:32 PM   #2
BThomas
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcflyguy View Post
When removing the trunk on a 2012 XCT, how and where do you disconnect the electrical. Do you have to reconnect everytime that you put it back on or can you just run with the lower lights?
Thanks
bcflyguy
There's a plug at the end of a cable that runs from the rear of your seat towards the middle of it, along the left (port) side. Take your left side panel off to unhook it and gently pull the cord upwards so it rests above the seat and doesn't get caught on anything when you lift the trunk from the bike--the cord goes with the trunk... Make sure you unhook the electrical before removing the trunk...

Also, make sure you open the lid to your saddlebags prior to removing the trunk in case you slip (to avoid scratching the tops).

You could operate without hooking the electrical but it's so easy to hook/unhook and the lights/speakers are so nice on it that I would never consider that.... But to each his own!
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2012, 10:45 PM   #3
bcflyguy
Lifetime Premium

Garage
Send a message via MSN to bcflyguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BThomas View Post
There's a plug at the end of a cable that runs from the rear of your seat towards the middle of it, along the left (port) side. Take your left side panel off to unhook it and gently pull the cord upwards so it rests above the seat and doesn't get caught on anything when you lift the trunk from the bike--the cord goes with the trunk... Make sure you unhook the electrical before removing the trunk...

Also, make sure you open the lid to your saddlebags prior to removing the trunk in case you slip (to avoid scratching the tops).

You could operate without hooking the electrical but it's so easy to hook/unhook and the lights/speakers are so nice on it that I would never consider that.... But to each his own!
Sounds easy.
Thanks BT
bcflyguy
bcflyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2012, 05:08 PM   #4
JMcKeown

Send a message via Skype™ to JMcKeown

When removing the plug you will find it will not fit between the saddlebag frame and the back fender because of the locking tab on the plug sticks out to the side. TIP : line up the tab on the plug with the slot in the saddlebag frame and the plug will pass through. The slot is there so you can remove the plug with ease.

Jim
Old 12-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #5
Pop

Garage

Good tip.

Of course, Vic could have mounted the plug in such a way that removal of the top case didn't require knowing the secret handshake.

Never mind. What was I thinking?

Where I lead me I will travel
Where I need me I will call me
I'm no fool I'll be ready
God knows I will be
And in the meantime make a little money
And buy a little mercy

That was written by Townes Van Zandt
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement