Do I Need Accessories? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-17-2012, 08:47 PM   #1
sand man

Default Do I Need Accessories?

Getting a '13 CCT this week and am concerned with accessories. Do the Victory 2" pullback handle bars make a significant change in riding posture? Does anyone have an opinion concerning the CCT flip windshield? Are the Kicker Premium speakers a good upgrade? Does the HID headlight make a difference in night vision? Does the Victory Sena Bluetooth communication headset work well? Is the Stage 1 exhaust worth the price? Thanks, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Hers: '09 V-Star 950
Nicely Equiped
sand man is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-17-2012, 09:00 PM   #2
drummer12345

Quote:
Originally Posted by sand man View Post
Getting a '13 CCT this week and am concerned with accessories. Do the Victory 2" pullback handle bars make a significant change in riding posture? Does anyone have an opinion concerning the CCT flip windshield? Are the Kicker Premium speakers a good upgrade? Does the HID headlight make a difference in night vision? Does the Victory Sena Bluetooth communication headset work well? Is the Stage 1 exhaust worth the price? Thanks, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
From your listed accessories I have the HID low beam and the Klock Werks windshield. I like them both though putting the tour windshield back on by yourself is a PITA.

I also have the rider backrest and it is my favorite accessory.

Just got a set of drawback bars from HMD520, black HMD-40, but not installed yet so I can't speak about them.
drummer12345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 10:57 PM   #3
Lostintexas

Quote:
Getting a '13 CCT this week and am concerned with accessories. Do the Victory 2" pullback handle bars make a significant change in riding posture? I found I wanted to move an inch or so forward, and it made a difference. I like a little more control than stock seating offered me, so the pullbacks would put you in the same position, and I find it very comfy.
Does anyone have an opinion concerning the CCT flip windshield? Go with the Klockworks Flare. You won't regret it, IMHO
Are the Kicker Premium speakers a good upgrade? Does the HID headlight make a difference in night vision?The 2012 came with HID. I guess you love it or hate it. For my eyes, the color diffuses too fast reducing side visibility. I am searching for a different color light, I would prefer standard lighting and put in a set of Silverstars. YMMV Does the Victory Sena Bluetooth communication headset work well?They say it works, if you have a pillion, you will need @, two, double dongles. Not optimum, some say they aren't that great, but you can read about it for yourself.
Is the Stage 1 exhaust worth the price? Stage 1 is a personal decision, I don't like loud, deep, throaty or otherwise noise. As for "power" the whole stage 1 is only good for 5-8 HP. Save your money, there are plenty of other things you can do to get more for less money, just look around, it isn't a secret.
Thanks, any and all feedback is greatly appreciated.
Good luck, congrats and happy (S)miles to you
Lostintexas is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:18 AM   #4
sand man

Does your driver backrest have up\down and front\back adjustment?
Hers: '09 V-Star 950
Nicely Equiped
sand man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #5
GreatWhiteNorth

Garage

sand man,
I added the Vic 2 inch pullbacks this summer and should have done it sooner. My short arms went from stretched out to a nice bend at the elbow.
I added the Kicker speakers and they are a marginal improvement at best if you have just the 2 speakers. I can't speak for 4 speaker system and/or an amp.
I had the Vic stage 1 and they are about the same sound as the stock pipes. I was looking for bigger sound so I went with the Ness Honkers (much better). There are other options for sound and performance in these forums if you search for 'pipes' or 'exhaust'.
Great HID headlight discussions in these forums as well. In fact there's probably a good discussion on pretty well anything that might interest you - just use that search function or keep asking questions.
Cheers.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
BThomas
Premium Member

I think your bike should already come stock with the kicker speakers...

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
2012 Cross Country--trunk at times, stereo/amp upgrade, Madstad Windshield bracket, old-man style heated seat/grips, RPW Exhaust/Lloydz ATS and filter, PCV/AT, Cycleops Cheese, side covers and primary insert, soft lowers, a bit of chrome...
BThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 04:57 AM   #7
TNXR

The "search" function still works the last time I checked and is really not that hard to use.
Old 12-18-2012, 07:32 AM   #8
drummer12345

Quote:
Does your driver backrest have up\down and front\back adjustment?
I was lucky enough to get a Victory backrest. Yes, it does adjust up/down and front/back.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:09 AM   #9
drummer12345

Also have an engine heat deflector from BBob that helps a lot in the summer.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:11 AM   #10
ridealittle

for me a backrest is a must, and unless you have ape arms you will need the pullback bars to be able to lean all the way back against it.
in order of ownership, sears compact scooter, honda 305 scrambler, honda 160 dream , triumph 500 trophy trail, honda cb450, sportster, honda f750, 2nd sportster, harley flh, harley super glide, 3rd sportster, bmw k1000, harley low rider, 2nd harley super glide, harley heratage, harley road king,
thats just the street bikes!
ridealittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement