XR heated grips part # question - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 12-26-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
TNXR

Default XR heated grips part # question

Got some green for Christmas from family/friends to go towards my Cross Roads. I am wanting to get the heated grips but I see two model numbers on Vics website
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Vic...ads+Custom+%22
and
http://www.purepolaris.com/en-us/Vic...ads+Custom+%22

I am thinking the first one (2877658) is the one for the XR and the other one (2875736) is for the XC but I may be wrong. Both say they will fit the XR but why would there be two model numbers. I also know I have to order the chrome switch housing seperate. Thanks for any help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-26-2012, 06:33 AM   #2
TNXR

After more web searching I am thinking that the 2875736 is for the Vision even though Vics website says it will fit all the cross bikes but I could be wrong. I'll wait and see what anyone else who has ordered them has to say.
On a side note I also put in my order for the script cheese wedge badge for the key side and lay down license plate from WD's, Vinyl highway bar closeouts and Cee Baileys saddlebag liners. Debating on one of the Ness primary cover sets as well in black.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:53 AM   #3
TonyChip78

Garage

I know there were two kits based on model year. Not sure where the split was, I think it was 2011 and newer. Don't forget, you'll need the switch mounting bracket kit as well. If you go to purepolaris.com and put in the year in model it should tell you exactly what you need. Then call Kate at Honda East Toledo.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-26-2012, 08:20 AM   #4
philmonger

I am in the process of installing the Victory heated Grips on my 2011 XR. The kit says on the box that it is for both the XR and the XC. I did buy the switch bracket as well. The instructions that came with this kit included the XR, XC and the Vision This seems llike a pretty easy install with the most challenging being the throttle side grip. Gotta take the switch block apart, which is a pain, but not really all that hard.
philmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
visionjohnny

2875736 looks like its a replacement kit for bikes that have a burnied out grip.

Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 12:37 PM   #6
TNXR

Quote:
Originally Posted by philmonger View Post
I am in the process of installing the Victory heated Grips on my 2011 XR. The kit says on the box that it is for both the XR and the XC. I did buy the switch bracket as well. The instructions that came with this kit included the XR, XC and the Vision This seems llike a pretty easy install with the most challenging being the throttle side grip. Gotta take the switch block apart, which is a pain, but not really all that hard.
Do you happen to know the part # of the kit you are installing?
Old 12-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
TonyChip78

Garage

I order grips (2877658) and bracket (2877659) for install on my 2012 XR from Kate. Swapped them out while installing XC bars so the install took about 2 hours.

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com App
Old 12-26-2012, 02:44 PM   #8
philmonger

Hey TNXR...The P/N for the kit I have is 2877658....
Old 12-26-2012, 03:20 PM   #9
TNXR

Thanks guys! Putting in my order tomorrow. I also got the vinyl closeouts from Santa and just put them on. Just gotta say that these things seem to be high quality and believe it or not they are made here in the USA. Monsoon going on out there right now but hope to try them out sometime this weekend.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:08 PM   #10
philmonger

Here are some things I discovered doing this little project.
1) It's pretty easy if you can use a screwdriver
2) The chrome end caps come right off with suitable pliers
3) The left grip is the only one glued on
4)The Heated left grip in NOT glued on!
5) The instructions are adequate, but you need to make sure you are reading about your bike. In my case the XR, not the XC or Vision.
6) Read the instructions first! Get the tools you need before you dig in on this.
1977 Honda 550 (sold)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement