The Victory rally at Spirit Lake - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 12-14-2009, 10:05 PM   #1
BikerKapa

Default The Victory rally at Spirit Lake

Why is it so difficult to find out the exact dates of the Spirit Lake Victory rally? I didn't have a problem finding it on line last year. I was told Aug. 14-15 2010. Sturgis is Aug. 9-15. I thought they were usually later or earlier. I have hopes of getting to both in 2010. The tour at the Polaris (Victory) factory is great, and the hosts and hosteses really made me feel welcome.
BikerKapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2009, 10:43 PM   #2
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

I can't find any specific date.
diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 05:52 PM   #3
BikerKapa

Default The Victory rally at Spirit Lake

Thanks diamondrmp. I guess I'm not as crazy as everyone says. I even wrote Polaris customer service, and received a generated reply to ask my dealer?? Polaris (Victory) really lacks action line for simple questions, or maybe the need is to communicate more with their dealers in a more timely manner. I am aware this not in anyone's control but Polaris, but if enough people ask for something like this at the 2010 rally whenever it is, we might see an improvement in communication. I would much rather talk about how much I love my 07' Victory Tour.
t
Old 12-18-2009, 05:33 AM   #4
BATMAN

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKapa View Post
Thanks diamondrmp. I guess I'm not as crazy as everyone says. I even wrote Polaris customer service, and received a generated reply to ask my dealer?? Polaris (Victory) really lacks action line for simple questions, or maybe the need is to communicate more with their dealers in a more timely manner. I am aware this not in anyone's control but Polaris, but if enough people ask for something like this at the 2010 rally whenever it is, we might see an improvement in communication. I would much rather talk about how much I love my 07' Victory Tour.
t
Yea, you would think Victory would have some dates. I'm planning on the week after Sturgis, since they like to show the new models at bike week first it seems...
BATMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #5
BikerKapa

Thanks BATMAN, I have three sons with Vics, and I this will be the first time we are able to get to Spirit Lake in the same year. I will schedule Sturgis, then Spirit Lake again this year. If we are two weeks late, look for 4 NB Vics parked together at the pizza place by Arnolds Park and we'll buy ya a liquid refreshment. (BATMAN, not the whole country that reads this)
Old 12-21-2009, 02:57 PM   #6
Bungln

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerKapa View Post
Thanks BATMAN, I have three sons with Vics, and I this will be the first time we are able to get to Spirit Lake in the same year. I will schedule Sturgis, then Spirit Lake again this year. If we are two weeks late, look for 4 NB Vics parked together at the pizza place by Arnolds Park and we'll buy ya a liquid refreshment. (BATMAN, not the whole country that reads this)
I like liquid refreshments too.....
S&S airbox
OD pulley
lots of chrome goodies...
70K trouble free miles as of 4/1/11
cheers
Bungln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 06:14 PM   #7
BikerKapa

No offense Bungln, but I still have hopes of making it to the Rally at Spirit Lake on time. Whenever it is. Hopefully Polaris will advertise it before I leave for Sturgis.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:03 PM   #8
Robert4
Lifetime Premium

Bikerkapa can you tell me more about the Victory rally? I bought my vision in Nov. 09 and would like to try to see the factory if tours are available. Thanks Robert
Old 01-01-2010, 07:56 PM   #9
BikerKapa

Robert4,
The rally at Spirit Lake IA is "ALL ABOUT THE BIKE". It is not Sturgis. Polaris has factory tours, some venders, they have a band come in at Arnolds Park. The Polaris people are all over, and anxiouse to help with any questions. I plan to go up again this year if I can find out when so I can schedule Friday off. It is only the couple days. Arnolds Park is also an amusement park w/ shops. I don't know how familiar you are with Okoboji. It is a resort area too, but it is not overly crowded. If you don't have a motel reservation early, you pay. I'm cheap. I camp at I think Emmerson State park. It is just across the lake (clean). If with a wife get a motel. I have sons 30 to 39 that have been there, liked the tour etc. But go to Sturgis for the excitement. (Buffalo Chip etc). I have yet to make it to Sturgis, and hope to get to both this year. I hope this helps. Hopefully some other riders can explain it better. I road home in the rain last year 41/2 hrs. to Omaha slow and easy. Pin tour 07'
Old 01-01-2010, 09:00 PM   #10
Robert4
Lifetime Premium

thanks Bikerkapa, no I am not familiar with that area as I live in OKC i drive through Iowa on my way to the Mayo Clinic every year. I am interested in trying to get to this myself. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement