RPW exhaust - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 04-20-2010, 08:30 PM   #1
jdm

Default RPW exhaust

Looking for some exhaust for my 08 vegas 8 ball. I found the rpw thor exhaust and really like the looks of it. Anyone have any experience with rpw?
http://www.rpwusa.com/images/blackthorvictorb_000.JPG
jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

I've heard its a really good exhaust.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 05:12 AM   #3
SmattaHead

Garage
Default rpw true duals

Hey Ronfox
Nice bike! I am considering the rpw true duals for my 06 KP. I have also been considering the Big Deal 2in1 by rpw.
So, I take it you are happy with the looks, sound and performance of this exhaust??
What did you use for an intake system? I have the S&S ready to go on mine.
I am considering going with the straight pipe duals in chrome on my black bike. I haven't found many people that have these pipes, but those that have them have been happy with them.

Just curious......
Thanks
SmattaHead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 11:44 AM   #4
bna0atb

Default RPW Exhaust

If you decide on the RPW pipes look for them on Ebay. I found them a few hundred cheaper. I'm waiting for the heat shields to be shipped for the Thor pipe and I will be using the S&S air box. I just saw the Lloydz air tubes for the victory. They look cool. Be sure to research what map file to download before you do it. I've been told to go with either the S&S 2008 kingping 2 - 1 download or the drag down load, and maybe add a fuel programmer to get it right.
bna0atb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2010, 10:31 PM   #5
bna0atb

Default Installation

Has anyone installed the rpw thor 2 into 1 pipe. I'm having major problems with it. I've scratched the he'll out of them in the process. Not happy at all. I'm thinking they might have sent the wrong pipe for an 08 kingpin. Help
bna0atb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 02:50 PM   #6
askapa

Send a message via AIM to askapa

I just installed the 2:1 Big deal on my 07 KP and didnt have much of a problem EXCEPT that I was sent the wrong flange clamps. I ordered through Lloydz and apparently there the model numbers got transposed. Once I got the correct clamps and put them on no problems. They sound great and I have a bit more kick in the pants but I need to get the computer reflashed. I have the S&S intake on it as well.

Last edited by askapa; 09-05-2010 at 03:43 PM.
askapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 03:46 PM   #7
askapa

One thing I do not understand is that with modern equipment and tube benders, why is it that RPW couldnt bend the pipes in such a way as to not have to cut the lower frame rail and add a new bracket in order to get the pipes installed.
Old 09-05-2010, 03:47 PM   #8
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

That is not just RPW it is with a lot of the aftermarket exhaust.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #9
askapa

So whats up with that? Why can they not take a bike put it in front of them and bend the pipe accordingly?? The manufacture did and some after market exhausts manufactures do, is it that they are in too much of a hurry or what/ Just seems wierd to me. Maybe thats a new profession for me, get out of medicine and bend pipes LOL
Old 09-05-2010, 06:17 PM   #10
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

You don't have to cut the frame with a Bassani, or a couple of the SRVT drag pipes, but the bracket looks as fugly as hell. Since the frame rail is not structural it's no big deal to whack it off
kevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement