speedometer problem - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 04-30-2010, 10:17 AM   #1
diesel72

Default speedometer problem

I have a 2000 polaris victory standard cruiser and the speedo reset back to 0. Any suggestions as to how to get the mileage back?
diesel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-30-2010, 02:57 PM   #2
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Sounds like you may have the old speedo or you need to check the wires as the old ones are notorious for the sleeves getting brittle and cutting through the wires.

If you blinkers (in the speedo bucket) are amber then you need to change it out to the revised model that has green blinkers.

It MIGHT be covered under a TSB.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 05:02 PM   #3
diesel72

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondrmp View Post
Sounds like you may have the old speedo or you need to check the wires as the old ones are notorious for the sleeves getting brittle and cutting through the wires.

If you blinkers (in the speedo bucket) are amber then you need to change it out to the revised model that has green blinkers.

Well,
everything is original so thank s for at least giving me somewhere to start.
Old 04-30-2010, 06:34 PM   #4
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Quote:

Check you out D!!! You been paying atention*LOL*
kevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:43 PM   #5
diesel72

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
Check you out D!!! You been paying atention*LOL*
WOW!!! check you out Kev. I didn't know they let 12 year olds on this site.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:55 PM   #6
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel72 View Post
WOW!!! check you out Kev. I didn't know they let 12 year olds on this site.
That's Kevin. It won't kill you to type the two extra letters. That said Diamond knows what I meant, and prolly got a laugh out of it. Besides this whole site is about 12 year olds. After all the first Vic rolld off the assembly line in 98
Old 05-01-2010, 08:57 AM   #7
diesel72

Quote:
That's Kevin. It won't kill you to type the two extra letters. That said Diamond knows what I meant, and prolly got a laugh out of it. Besides this whole site is about 12 year olds. After all the first Vic rolld off the assembly line in 98

No it wouldn't. I just figured as your grammar (prolly??) was grade 3 at best that you wouldn't know the difference.
Wow really!! I had no idea of the history of MY bike
Old 05-01-2010, 10:41 AM   #8
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Quote:
I puffed up my chest in pride when you affirmed my assertain of the quandary of the said member.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2010, 08:11 PM   #9
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
I puffed up my chest in pride when you affirmed my assertain of the quandary of the said member.
Yup......he's a member alright. A total of 4 posts; half of them insulting a person he has never had a dialogue with, and will most likely want help from in the future.

Last edited by kevinx; 05-01-2010 at 08:15 PM.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #10
jrp267

Being fairly new myself, I feel sorry for the guy who just insulted one of the most knowledgeable victory minds on this site and probably the net. Kevin the info I have obtained here is unbelievable and 90% of it from you. Just using the search function.
jrp267 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement