Vision Lower Air Deflectors??? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 07-27-2010, 04:37 PM   #11
olds34dude

Thumbs down low air

The air deflctors seem to work here in Florida,of course our air is very well pre-heated! Your thin air should really flow thru!!
olds34dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2010, 03:35 PM   #12
Pharmking

Thumbs up Deflectors

I bought the deflectors to push the heat away from my legs (I live in AZ), worked great but plastic shield cracked within a week. ordered a Billet set from Cycleops and they are the best. they also look great as the gloss black blends into the bike. You have to have factory set to get the mounting points as the Cycleops deflectors do not come with them. A must for me and well worth the price.
Pharmking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:39 PM   #13
goose20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pharmking View Post
I bought the deflectors to push the heat away from my legs (I live in AZ), worked great but plastic shield cracked within a week. ordered a Billet set from Cycleops and they are the best. they also look great as the gloss black blends into the bike. You have to have factory set to get the mounting points as the Cycleops deflectors do not come with them. A must for me and well worth the price.
Do you mean http://cycleopsusa.com/store/morevictoryparts.html?

Last edited by goose20; 08-05-2010 at 04:47 PM.
goose20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:25 PM   #14
Pharmking

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose20 View Post
yes, that the one. Will has them in various colors and also in a chrome finish.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:13 PM   #15
goose20

That is the first site I have seen with Victory aftermarkets. The deflectors look good. Does the wind move them? I can't get the OEM deflectors to stay tight enough.
goose20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #16
Pharmking

Smile Deflectors

They only send the deflectors, you remove the plastic shields and replace them with the Metal deflectors. If your attaching points are slipping now then these new deflectors will not fix that.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:56 PM   #17
CycleOpsUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by goose20 View Post
That is the first site I have seen with Victory aftermarkets. The deflectors look good. Does the wind move them? I can't get the OEM deflectors to stay tight enough.
Don't be afraid to trighten them as necessary to hold as fast as you want to ride. The set screw will solve your problems. Some leave them a little loose so they can adjust them with their feet (fine with mine, but if you want your plastic ones to break that's the way to do it... go ahead... so you can buy mine that much sooner!), or your may have just been set light from the factory. Try it and see. You'll find too that mine actually flow more air as they don't deflect from the wind like the plastic ones do.
CycleOpsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:14 PM   #18
CVI-Cowboy

Default Question to CycleOpsUSA

CycleOpsUSA - Will you be selling the fasteners/mounting hinges soon so we don't have to first purchase the plastic set just for those?
CVI-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 04:58 PM   #19
CycleOpsUSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by CVI-Cowboy View Post
CycleOpsUSA - Will you be selling the fasteners/mounting hinges soon so we don't have to first purchase the plastic set just for those?
Hey there Cowboy (damn, that sounds just plain wrong coming from another man!),
It's actually a lot cheaper for you to go that route if done correctly.
I have no intention of making the hinges because they're too expensive to do in smaller quantities, being 4 totally separate bases, and with the cost of all the different molds to do the casting, the machining and welding of the mounting parts and all that, with the relatively small market (from a manufacturing standpoint)it's just not worth it to do them here in the USA (Vic's are done in China by Kuryakyn) and I have no intention of doing them since there's a cheaper way out for you guys anyway. Victory can afford to make 10,000 sets of them in China. I can't afford that kind of volume, now would I ever go outside the USA for any manufacturing as anything I make, I make here in pure red, white, and blue.
The plastic parts of the OEM kit are the least costly parts in the kit, with all the money for the kit being in the hinges themselves. What you do is go to http://www.surdykemotorsports.com or any other online 20% off Vic dealer and sign up your e-mail there. They give 20% off on all OEM parts, and more often than not free shipping as well. Now keep in mind that $200 gets you the entire factory kit icluding the plexi wings. As so many guys just want to replace a broken clear one the wings themselves they can quickly and easily can be sold for $25-50 each (better sold in singles) to someone on this forum or others to someone without the resources for a new kit. at $50 each, you end up getting the hinges for only $100. Is it a hassle? Maybe to some, but if I were to make them and have to sell them for $200 or so, there's no difference. At least the way above gives you $50-100 back on the purchase price, ending up significantly cheaper in the end. I have spent lots of time looking for hinges to use, but the Vision's unique fairing shape doesn't allow for the fitment of anything else I sourced out.
I hope this helps.
CycleOpsUSA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2010, 10:51 PM   #20
CVI-Cowboy

Default Thank you

Thank you for taking the time to send such a comprehensive reply!!! It makes perfect sense to me now.
CVI-Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement