Best handling victory - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 06-04-2010, 12:43 AM   #1
sanchez80

Default Best handling victory

I am looking for a new bike that is a comfortable cruiser and handles really well (as far as cruisers go) and looks bad ass. Can anyone tell me what is the best handling vic, the one with the best lean angle and closest in comparison to the red headed step child Vrod.
sanchez80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2010, 01:56 AM   #2
jdm

Only Vics I've handled have been my vegas 8 ball and a Vision. I really like how my vegas handles. pretty confortable after adding a windshield. The Vision is amazing on the open road, but was too heavy for me. I think you would be served well with a Vegas or Kingpin. See if your local deal has a demo day coming up.
jdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:45 AM   #3
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Best lean angle is on the Hammer but it has that 250mm tire so it requires a bit more counter steering. It also has inverted forks.

Next to that I would say a Kingpin as the rear tire is narrow and it has inverted forks.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:51 AM   #4
Highway Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanchez80 View Post
I am looking for a new bike that is a comfortable cruiser and handles really well (as far as cruisers go) and looks bad ass. Can anyone tell me what is the best handling vic, the one with the best lean angle and closest in comparison to the red headed step child Vrod.
The Hammer takes this hands down. The countersteer for the 250 rear tire is minimal. Once you ride a Hammer for a half hour you won't know the rear tire is fat, but you will know your looking bad ass

Last edited by Highway Star; 06-04-2010 at 11:54 AM.
Highway Star is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 11:24 PM   #5
itzzeal

I have owned a Vegas and a Kingpin. I also ride my buddy's hammer alot another friend's VROD and nothing so far has been able to compete with the VROD in terms of handling and power. I am by no means a Harley fan however the VROD is not your typical Harley, the engine isn't even built by them. The VROD handles like a sport bike in certain aspect and the closest thing that Victory makes it probably the Hammer, although again...not that close in my opinion. I'd go with the Hammer over the VROD any day because I look like a bear riding a small bicycle on the VROD and it just quite frankly looks alot better. Hammer's your best bet
itzzeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #6
victory_AW

I'll start by saying, that I don't own a bike, and I have only been riding at demo events over the last several months. I rode Harley's yesterday. They are nice bikes. The softails are a great chasis.

I liked the v-rod. the riding position is a little stretched out for a shorter guy (i'm 5'9"), but the motor is smooth, the steering and handling are nice and smooth as well. Really good power. I rode a few screamin eagle models with the 110 cu. in. motors, and the still felt quicker. Not as much torque, but quick. My buddy and I both really liked the ride. This was the bike that I dreamed about prior to finding the Victorys'.

A month back, I did the Victory demo. I am a fan of the Jackpot, but I wouldn't say it handles as good as some of the others. The Hammer is the most comparable to the vrod. Both have a wide rear tire, and a smaller diameter, thicker front tire. That seems to be a decent combo for handling. Take this info with a grain of salt. As I said, I dont' have any experience. The differnces are very noticeable when you go on many differnt bikes during the same day.

I figure all the bikes handle good b/c it's two wheels. I'm too am looking for a happy medium b/t handling, comfort and bad ass looks.
victory_AW is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement