iPod cable for XC - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #1
NHXC

Default iPod cable for XC

Has anyone installed the iPod cable on their cross country? Where are people mounting their iPod's? Saddlebag? Handlebars?
NHXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2010, 09:47 PM   #2
shiftmoto3

It mounts in your right bag. iPOD is a must. Radio reception is not very good especially in the country.
shiftmoto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 10:07 PM   #3
NHXC

So how does the audio extension cord run from the iPod cord in the fairing to the iPod in the right saddlebag?
NHXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2010, 04:59 PM   #4
badbagger

Default cable

there are two cables . one goes under the tank and seat .
the other goes into the bag . yours for the low price of $150
badbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 07:42 AM   #5
rek58

Garage

I had them install it when I bought my XC. Glad I did. Works great. It's definitely a nice feature to be able to have it charge while riding and being able to scroll through songs or playlists, from the controls on the handlebar. I definitely think it is priced "a little high", in the long run a worthwhile investment.
rek58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
tylerius

Default better sound

wether you put an ipod or do what i did and tossed my sat radio in the saddlebag, the audio is fantastic. i installed a 3 way 12v power port in the right side bag and ran my aux cable and sat antenae thru the rubber grommet up under the side of the tank and into the aux plug-in(behind headlight) and the sat antenae is velcro's to brake resevoir. awesome reception. if you use the fm modulator from the siriius the audio is at about half and doesnt sound near as good. i used to have to have the fm dialed in and radio at full blast. now it rocks at half way!
Old 06-24-2010, 07:32 PM   #7
xrider

Default ipod

Does it matter what model of ipod is used??
xrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:20 PM   #8
Gyps

Anybody can help me with the installation?!? I want to install my Zumo 550 and plus my AUX direct on the Zumo to listen the music on the SD Card in the Zumo.... Where is the AUX plug? I need to buy one?!? If yes, where and how I need to plug it?

Thank'S
Gyps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 07:31 PM   #9
JohnRRT

Quote:
Originally Posted by rek58 View Post
I had them install it when I bought my XC. Glad I did. Works great. It's definitely a nice feature to be able to have it charge while riding and being able to scroll through songs or playlists, from the controls on the handlebar. I definitely think it is priced "a little high", in the long run a worthwhile investment.
If I'm understanding correctly, the iPod interface charges as well as plays through the sound system? I'm considering trading in the Goldwing for a Cross Country and I'm concerned that the CB, iPod interface, XM, intercom won't work as nicely together as I'm used to. So many details.
JohnRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:43 PM   #10
Jagular

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRRT View Post
If I'm understanding correctly, the iPod interface charges as well as plays through the sound system? I'm considering trading in the Goldwing for a Cross Country and I'm concerned that the CB, iPod interface, XM, intercom won't work as nicely together as I'm used to. So many details.
I installed mine a couple of weeks ago and it's worth every penny. You control it through the standard radio interface, plays through the speakers, of course, and charges my iPhone, too. I don't have the CB or intercom so I can't tell you about that.
Jagular is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement