01' V92 Speedometer Prob - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Tech and Performance Section

Old 06-22-2010, 03:30 PM   #1
Dilligas

Question 01' V92 Speedometer Prob

The speedometer has quit working all together. However, all the digital readouts are still working in the digital window (fuel, alt, mileage, etc). I'm sure its not cable driven, so there must be a sensor somewhere. Someone point me to it?
Dilligas is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #2
Shanesr

Default My 2001 did the same thing

My bike did the same thing I could turn the key off and back on and it would start working, I cleaned the key switch and the sensor that is down at the drive sprocket for the belt drive with contact cleaner,
I also unpluged the sensor and cleaned the plug, it has been working since I did this, hope it works for you,
Shane
Shanesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 09:19 AM   #3
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Cleaning is great and don't forget the electrical grease!!!

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:12 PM   #4

Default Speedo Problem

There was a recall on the 99/01 Speedo unit. Victory was having the dealers replace the instrument cluster at no charge.The upgraded units have green turn signal arrows while the original had amber. The problems were moisture getting into the unit as well as the odometer resetting itself to Zero. There were also problems with the handle bar switches having intermittent contact from dirt and moisture. I am referring to the switches that control the digital readout. I hope this helps.

Last edited by 51.50; 07-13-2010 at 08:55 PM. Reason: more detail
51.50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #5
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Does the odo change or does it remain static at whatever milage you were at??
kevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2010, 01:38 PM   #6
Shanesr

Default My switch,

The switch that you resets the milage on the odometer, (on the clutch side) doesnt work, my turn signal arrows are green so I guess my bike has had the upgrade, my speed -o- has stopped working one other time since I cleanned it. I reached down and turned the key switch off and then back on while riding, the speed-o- starting working again, but the tact was only showing about half of the rpm's
for the rest of the ride, Once I shut it off and started again everything was working fine,
Shanesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 07:51 PM   #7
AnnArbor_707

I have a 2002 V92 TC Deluxe and the speedo / Odometer is the only thing not working. The digital readout is fine and so is the fuel gauge. Anyone know anything about the '02 ?? Seems weird they'd have a big recall through 2001, then have a similar issue in 2002. No reflection in the design department ? Or maybe I'm just unlucky...
AnnArbor_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:00 PM   #8
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnArbor_707 View Post
I have a 2002 V92 TC Deluxe and the speedo / Odometer is the only thing not working. The digital readout is fine and so is the fuel gauge. Anyone know anything about the '02 ?? Seems weird they'd have a big recall through 2001, then have a similar issue in 2002. No reflection in the design department ? Or maybe I'm just unlucky...
Recall on the earlier models was caused by an engineering bobo. Instead of storing the odo in hard memory. Vic used a powered memory that essentialy used a watch battery to keep the memory in place. Battery goes bad, and odo goes to ZERO. The DOT thought it was a bad idea.
99% of the time speedo, and odo stop working on a 02-06 Vic. It is the speed sensor PN 4011111
If the switches do not work. They need to be cleaned
kevinx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 05:59 PM   #9
AnnArbor_707

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinx View Post
Recall on the earlier models was caused by an engineering bobo. Instead of storing the odo in hard memory. Vic used a powered memory that essentialy used a watch battery to keep the memory in place. Battery goes bad, and odo goes to ZERO. The DOT thought it was a bad idea.
99% of the time speedo, and odo stop working on a 02-06 Vic. It is the speed sensor PN 4011111
If the switches do not work. They need to be cleaned
Kevin - You're the man! Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to this thread. Can't say in words how much help you've been. Looks like I can get one for $75 on ebay. The next question for me is do I really want to replace it - since the odometer is shut down I'm not putting miles on the bike
By the way - Kevin - You don't have to answer, but are you a mechanic ? You seem to have all the answers!
AnnArbor_707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement