2001 V92 forum and oil change - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory V92C

Old 07-07-2010, 07:05 PM   #1
Shanesr

Default 2001 V92 forum and oil change

Thanks for setting up the V92 Forum, I hope it is used a lot.
I just did the first oil change on my V92 since I bought it,
Cant believe the improvement it made in shifting and the (knocking sounds) noise made by the engine, it seems to be running better.
The man I bought it from said he had just changed the oil, I had put about 2200 miles on it since I bought it. It made the knocking noisees from the first day I got it, I can only guess he didnt use a good oil. anyway she is running great now and sounds good.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg moto_0093[1].jpg (44.8 KB, 20 views)
Shanesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2010, 08:21 PM   #2
bleednate

Yeah Shane, I acutally had the dealer do it for me, as they were already replacing recalled parts already. I only had ridden mine a day, so the change wasn't as noticeable for me. Hey, what did you use to catch the oil? kind of low down there, standard auto drip pan won't fit, unless i get one of them nifty motorcycle jacks. I checked my oil last week since i had the dealer service her a month ago, looked a bit weird. the used oil did not look like other used oil i'm used to seeing. a bit milky/chunky almost like secreting puss. maybe i didn't get a close enough look at it since i was sitting on it keeping it upright while i checked it. yours a deluxe? looks very similar to mine, wrinkly bags and everything! lol the engine sounds a bit noisier than i expected...mine's not knocking though.
bleednate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #3
OldGringo

Nate, if your in a bind make a trip to wally world and get one of the aluminum turkey roasting pans. Asd they are flexible you can more or less 'bend to fit'. think they sell for $2 or so and of course are disposible.
01 V92C
09 Vision
OldGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 12:41 PM   #4
Shanesr

Quote:
Originally Posted by bleednate View Post
Yeah Shane, I acutally had the dealer do it for me, as they were already replacing recalled parts already. I only had ridden mine a day, so the change wasn't as noticeable for me. Hey, what did you use to catch the oil? kind of low down there, standard auto drip pan won't fit, unless i get one of them nifty motorcycle jacks. I checked my oil last week since i had the dealer service her a month ago, looked a bit weird. the used oil did not look like other used oil i'm used to seeing. a bit milky/chunky almost like secreting puss. maybe i didn't get a close enough look at it since i was sitting on it keeping it upright while i checked it. yours a deluxe? looks very similar to mine, wrinkly bags and everything! lol the engine sounds a bit noisier than i expected...mine's not knocking though.
I used the turkey pan from wal mart to catch the oil. as for the milky/chunky stuff that doesnt sound good, sounds like moister "water" got in there some how. Do you keep her inside when not riding ?, I would change it right away.
Anyway sorry it took so long to reply just havnt been on the computer for a long time.
Shane
Shanesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:34 AM   #5
Mick

Garage
Default Me too

I bought my Vic in August and everything was good. Just before I put it away for the winter I did an oil change using Amsoil. What a difference! Like you, right away I noticed the engine was smoother and the difference in shifting is like night and day. I will only use Amsoil in my Vic.
Old 07-06-2013, 05:34 PM   #6
ffisk7891

Default V92 oil change steps???

Anybody willing to point me to a video or steps to oil change for my V92?
BFisk
ffisk7891 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 04:25 PM   #7
OldGringo

ffisk, search it up on You Tube. Pictures worth 1000 words.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
01 V92C
09 Vision
OldGringo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #8
Dann

Garage

I use a kitty crap pan bought at the dollar store.
Mick, what oil was used in your bike before Amsoil. and was the Amsoil
20/50 with the JASMO rating.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:01 PM   #9
Mick

Garage

Dann,
Sorry I never replied back. As far as what was in the Vic when I bought it, I have no idea. Yes on the 20/50. Stand by for some fresh pictures in the next week or two. I am replacing the stock exhaust with Stage One pipes and chip (these are New Old Stock). Also I plan to replace OEM saddle bags with new hard bags I bought from Jafrum. the OEM are great, but starting to get saggy. The really big news is that I bought NEW tank and fenders and side covers from Rocket Rogers (Old 97 Choppers). These are the black with yellow/orange flames. Really sharp. I added the light bar last year and the Lindby crash bar the year before. The Vic is going to look stunning when I get done.
Old 04-18-2014, 10:55 AM   #10
visionjohnny

you could always roll the wheel up on a block of wood to get clearance
Please add your city and state after the model of bike you have. Click user pc at top of page and then far left click edit signature. Thanks
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement