Cross Country Trunk - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 07-27-2010, 09:57 AM   #1
cocheese72

Default Cross Country Trunk

Victories website has changed, and while looking at it, I noticed a picture of the new trunk for the Cross Country. Could not find it as an accessory. Does anyone know a price on this? I know it is going to be through the roof.
cocheese72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-27-2010, 03:11 PM   #2
NHXC

I just saw it listed on the pure polaris site. It is selling for $1749 and also there is an uplift kit for $99 and a trunk lock kit for $39 for 2010 Cross Countries. It looks like it will be a quick release, with a rear tail light and speakers. Still that is a lot of money!
NHXC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 08:07 PM   #3
cocheese72

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHXC View Post
I just saw it listed on the pure polaris site. It is selling for $1749 and also there is an uplift kit for $99 and a trunk lock kit for $39 for 2010 Cross Countries. It looks like it will be a quick release, with a rear tail light and speakers. Still that is a lot of money!
Sounds like a bargain. Victory does like their stuff.
Old 07-27-2010, 08:42 PM   #4
badbagger

makes the corbin a 2nd choice
badbagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 12:58 AM   #5
pdsmith

I have the quick release rear rest and It takes 30 seconds to remove the existing rear backrest if I don't bolt it in. I am thinking of adding the trunk if it is quick release for longer trips with my significant other,
pdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:57 AM   #6
cocheese72

Quote:
Originally Posted by badbagger View Post
makes the corbin a 2nd choice
I saw it. They made it to small though.
Old 08-01-2010, 10:50 AM   #7
pdsmith

I'd like to add this trunk but I din't think it is worth the $1750 for it.
pdsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 08:32 PM   #8
gulliverstoe

1750.00 here in tucson...and it is not a lot of money...it is way too much f-n money...
Old 08-09-2010, 02:04 PM   #9
mjw930

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulliverstoe View Post
1750.00 here in tucson...and it is not a lot of money...it is way too much f-n money...
It's not if you want a real top case and not a hacked together aftermarket hard bag.

Go price a top case and all the mounting hardware required for quick release on the Harley site then add to the price for lights and integrated stereo speakers and see what it comes to?
mjw930 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #10
Sean Edmunds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjw930 View Post
It's not if you want a real top case and not a hacked together aftermarket hard bag.

Go price a top case and all the mounting hardware required for quick release on the Harley site then add to the price for lights and integrated stereo speakers and see what it comes to?
I don't know where you come form but where I come from $1750 is A LOT of money! The price of accessories for the Victory's is ridiculous. $150 for a cord to connect an iPod? $499 for a luggage rack? $770 for rider and passenger backrests?

And PLEASE don't use the "Well go to H-D and see what their accessories cost" argument because everyone knows H-D stands for HUNDRED DOLLAR.

The problem with anything is that it's worth whatever someone will pay for it and enough people reach for their wallets without giving it a second thought.

I like my Cross Country, I am glad I bought it and I did not go into the purchase blind to accessory costs, but the only reason I did buy my XC was that the dealer cut me a pretty sweet deal on the accessories I wanted at the time of purchase. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have bought it.
Sean Edmunds is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement