Buffeting ELIMINATED - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 09-23-2010, 11:52 AM   #1
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage
Default Buffeting ELIMINATED

............. See CCvictory's entry below.

Last edited by diamondrmp; 09-25-2010 at 01:00 AM.
diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-23-2010, 01:35 PM   #2
CrossRoads
Administrator

That lip at the edge of the windshield looks awesome. Adds to the good looks of the XC. Great choice - based on looks alone. Now if it reduces buffeting too, then you're a winner, my friend. Ride safely.
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 08:24 PM   #3
gulliverstoe

howdy

i have their standard 2 inch flip and it's just right for me...looks great adn it is entertaining to see the bugs hit the wind stream then...pop up and over...still get a snack or two on the determined (hard) ones...all in all seems a good shield to me.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:00 PM   #4
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Well heck Diamond! I guess I missed the thread where you got a nice Cross Country! I thought you just had the JP.

Yep. The recurve shields do make a difference. Not to say the standard shields aren't good because they are. I used a recurve on my dresser for a while and one day when moving it; it got away from me and the shield hit the work bench and broke so I put the Memphis Shades shield I had on there before that and it worked just fine.

Glad you like it and nice red XC!
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 10:39 PM   #5
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

OOPS Sorry guys. I'm visiting my Mom in Portland, OR for her 81st Bday and doing some fast moderating. This is actually a post from CC Victory. He posted in the wrong forum and asked me to move it. I could not move it so I copy and pasted not remembering it would show up under my name!!! LOL

Old 09-23-2010, 10:55 PM   #6
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

I usually just click on "Active Topics" to see what anyone is posting about recently.

Wow! 81! Don't tell her but those are the numbers for the Hells Angels. (H is the 8th letter in the alphabet and A is obviously 1)

You must be a little past the spring chicken part of your life now too, Diamond, if your mom is 81. Please give her our best wishes and wish her a happy B-Day from us too!!
Old 09-23-2010, 11:07 PM   #7
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Yeah I'll be 50 in April. Funny was are gifted with good genes.

Everyone thinks my Mom is in her 60's.

Funny thing is she still doesn't know I have a motorcycle and my bike is named after her, Porti! LOL

Old 09-24-2010, 12:02 AM   #8
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondrmp View Post
Yeah I'll be 50 in April. Funny was are gifted with good genes.

Everyone thinks my Mom is in her 60's.

Funny thing is she still doesn't know I have a motorcycle and my bike is named after her, Porti! LOL
What's her number? I'll call and tell her about her illegitimate grandson that's really a motorcycle named after her. That oughta make her day, eh?!

She'll probably say: "Son; what is this stupid man talking about? A Porti-Cycle?"
Old 09-24-2010, 08:48 PM   #9
CCvictory
Lifetime Premium

Default Buffeting ELIMINATED!

All right, maybe not 100%, but right around 90-95%.
I had the pleasure today to go to Gustafsson Plastics Inc. in St Augustine, Fl. They let me try one of their Euroflip shields (11"). I currently run a Cee Bailey 11" shield. What a world of difference that little flip makes!! I wanted a shield that I could see over, thus the reason for the 11" but the Cee Bailey still caused buffeting for me because the wind hit my full face helmet right above the closed shield.
The Euroflip 11" moved the airflow to the very top of my helmet.
So I decided that I wanted it just slightly taller (so I could still see over it) and ordered a 11.5". Leif Gustafsson said it'd take about an hour to make and would I mind waiting...ummm Ok.
I got to watch John rough cut the acrylic, finish it to their CC windscreen form, buff the edges, and place it in the oven. Once properly heated, he pulled it out, placed it on their template and formed it to the finished template. Slick!
The finished product (in clear) worked even better than I hoped, air flow goes over my helmet, I can still see over it while leaning back on the backrest, and I can hear the radio!!
So two thumbs up for a great product, and if you live in the Northern Florida area, drop in and try 'em out. The rest of you will just need to call. And by the way, it's a two man shop, so don't be discouraged if no one answers the phone...they'll get back to you quickly.
btw, I'm 6', 200lbs, 32" inseam and run the Victory lowers.
www.bikescreen.com
CCvictory

(Somewhere between Diamond and I we messed this thread up...so I was asked to start it over...)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMAG0055.jpg (40.4 KB, 599 views)
File Type: jpg IMAG0056.jpg (35.7 KB, 598 views)

Last edited by diamondrmp; 09-25-2010 at 01:00 AM.
CCvictory is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 08:50 PM   #10
askapa

Send a message via AIM to askapa

CC or Diamondrmp where can I get something like that here in So. Cal for a 07 KPT???
askapa is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement