Aftermarket Seat - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Jackpot Forum

Old 12-18-2010, 12:10 PM   #1
jackpot10

Default Aftermarket Seat

I recently purchased a 2010 Jackpot and my girlfriend has found the passenger seat to be uncomfortable and she tends to lean on me making it uncomfortable for myself. Is there a seat available that is still low profile but yet comfortable and has a removable backrest? I've looked at the Mustang, Corbin & Victory seats but they look bulky and I don't picture them going well with the lowered sleek appearance of my bike. Is there a seat out there with the best of both worlds? Any suggestions or pictures would be appreciated!
jackpot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-18-2010, 12:21 PM   #2
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

The whole point of the bigger bulkier seats is MORE padding to make it comfortable for the passenger.

The only other suggestion I can give you is buy a Pro-Pad and put over the stock seat like I do for my girl until I have the $$$ for a tour seat.

There also the Butty Buddy. I've never tried it or know anyone that tried it but the reviews on the web site are good. My problem is that it will put indentations and maybe even tear the passenger pad.

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 11:55 PM   #3
Tigerboxer

I have the Corbin "Gunslinger". Very comfy for both rider and passenger. I know how you feel trying to find a seat that matches the lines of the bike. To me it was the best of the evils offered. I know Corbin and some other companies make seats designed like the stock one, pizza slice style, but you have to buy a separate back rest that attaches to the fender in most cases. I can post pics of the rear seat itself and the backrest that you can buy with it, if you want ,but she is in the shop right now so I can't show what it looks like on the bike at the moment.

The Gunslinger has a backrest that is attached to the seat itself to provide a more simplified look, the drawback being you have to remove both seats to put it on and take it off. Without the backrest attached to the rear seat I think it still looks fairly streamlined. Also for the 09's and up I think they changed the rear fender a bit as I the hardware they sent to mount the rear seat was incorrect.

If you happen to find something better on your travels, please let me know!
S&S Air Intake Kit
Other small odds and ends
Tigerboxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #4
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerboxer View Post
I have the Corbin "Gunslinger". Very comfy for both rider and passenger. I know how you feel trying to find a seat that matches the lines of the bike. To me it was the best of the evils offered. I know Corbin and some other companies make seats designed like the stock one, pizza slice style, but you have to buy a separate back rest that attaches to the fender in most cases. I can post pics of the rear seat itself and the backrest that you can buy with it, if you want ,but she is in the shop right now so I can't show what it looks like on the bike at the moment.

The Gunslinger has a backrest that is attached to the seat itself to provide a more simplified look, the drawback being you have to remove both seats to put it on and take it off. Without the backrest attached to the rear seat I think it still looks fairly streamlined. Also for the 09's and up I think they changed the rear fender a bit as I the hardware they sent to mount the rear seat was incorrect.

If you happen to find something better on your travels, please let me know!
Which seat is that? I've never heard of or seen a Corbin Gunslinger for the Jackpot.

Old 12-20-2010, 03:44 PM   #5
Tigerboxer

Apparently I have a reading disorder. I think I was looking at the Gunfighter when I was looking up the name. Which isn't even the seat I have. I have the modular seating system, with the separate front and rear seat. Sorry for the confusion, bit of a blonde moment.
S&S Air Intake Kit
Old 12-21-2010, 08:20 AM   #6
haVok

I have the victory touring seat with the passenger backrest. While it doesnt look quite as good as stock. It is way more comfortable and my girlfriend likes the backrest. The more comfortable she is, the more comfortable I am.
haVok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 11:06 AM   #7
Tigerboxer

Quote:
Originally Posted by haVok View Post
The more comfortable she is, the more comfortable I am.
A lot of truth in that! My wife says the seat is a bit firm, but Corbin does advertise that it takes sometime to break in. And even though the backrest I have looks like a hemorrhoid pillow she claims it to be comfortable and supportive as well. This is also being discussed a bit more in depth in another forum.
S&S Air Intake Kit
Old 01-03-2011, 10:54 PM   #8
jackpot10

I can't see spending $500+ on a touring seat that in my opinion does not look as good as the factory seat. I'm leaning more towards buying a Pro Pad and for the backrest going with the 16" chopper kit/sissy bar from Victoryonly.com. The website says it can be removed in seconds so I think it will be great when I don't have a passenger. Does anyone know if this is the same sissy bar as the Outlaw Chrome everyone talks about? I've tried to go on their website but it is down for some reason. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sissy bar other than the Victory Only one I mentioned above?
jackpot10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 11:00 PM   #9
8Ball

just a heads up....seen a few guys on other forums praising this....

http://www.meancitycycles.com/
Old 01-04-2011, 10:23 AM   #10
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackpot10 View Post
I can't see spending $500+ on a touring seat that in my opinion does not look as good as the factory seat. I'm leaning more towards buying a Pro Pad and for the backrest going with the 16" chopper kit/sissy bar from Victoryonly.com. The website says it can be removed in seconds so I think it will be great when I don't have a passenger. Does anyone know if this is the same sissy bar as the Outlaw Chrome everyone talks about? I've tried to go on their website but it is down for some reason. Also, does anyone have any recommendations for a sissy bar other than the Victory Only one I mentioned above?
That is the set up I have. It does not go on and off in seconds. I had the quick detach and it was a PITA to remove and put back on. Luckily I live near Outlaw Chrome so I returned it and got the mounted one. It takes no more than 10 minutes to put on or remove.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0092.jpg (55.0 KB, 39 views)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement