Is the Victory XM radio worth it? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 02-05-2011, 05:33 PM   #1
Humbucker

Question Is the Victory XM radio worth it?

I don't know much about this XM radio stuff, it's a pretty pricey accessory here in Canada. On the victory website, it's listed at $585.00 CDN.

Is it a worthwhile accessory? How much does it cost to get signed up for an XM radio package?
Humbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2011, 05:40 PM   #2
CrossRoads
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Humbucker View Post
I don't know much about this XM radio stuff, it's a pretty pricey accessory here in Canada. On the victory website, it's listed at $585.00 CDN.

Is it a worthwhile accessory? How much does it cost to get signed up for an XM radio package?
XM subscription pricing changes over time, but currently their plans start at $12.95/mo. For more info on that, see their website at: http://www.siriusxm.com/.

Is it worth it? You decide.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 07:07 PM   #3
Humbucker

Talking

Well CrossRoads, truth be told..................I'm a bit of a cheap-ass and if it costs any more then say $50.00 for a year, I'd pass.

I'll stick to my iPod I guess.
Humbucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:01 PM   #4
ammo_umb

You have to buy the system and then pay a monthly subscription?? Screw that! Nothing wrong with being a tight @$$ and using an IPOD. I personally wouldn't even buck for an IPOD; I can get a knock-off that will still hold a couple of thousands songs for a quarter as much money.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 08:45 PM   #5
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Speaking of knock-offs ... did you guys see the Chinese iPod Nano advertised on ebay? I wonder if it would work like a regular Nano at less than half price.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2011, 10:09 PM   #6
diamondrmp
The Diamond

Garage

I have and have had XM/Sirius in my last 4 cars. Personally I LOVE it. Went from Sacramento to Portland last September and it was great to listen to my favorite music with no problems. Same thing going from Sac to Los Angleles. There are parts of Central California where there is nothing but spanish!

diamondrmp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 09:59 AM   #7
gulliverstoe

Default XM comment and speakers

XM? been there done that.....it is great in rental cars...but i am a tight wad and the value just is not there for me..the most useful radio thing is the weather band but then only at stops....i will say that dear (young) santa did put in an ipod for me....and i am enjoying this...

about the sound...given that i have only one ear...and that i wear a head rag...and have the "arizona slammers" ... the sound i get is really pretty marginal...

saying this perhaps d-dobber can tell me again (please) the size and results of the speakers he installed to his CC...during his recent bars-trick out...i seem to recall that i can pull the speaker grills and do the install without pulling the entire inner faring????

ps..no way trunk for me...
Old 02-06-2011, 10:57 AM   #8
ammo_umb

If you do decide to go with XM there's a guy in Georgia on ****** selling his setup for $75 shipped to the lower 48. I bet he would sell it to you and give you a fair price on shipping to CA.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2011, 01:15 PM   #9
visionjohnny

If you can afford it go for it. There is nothing like being out in the back roads and hearing the sounds you like. I pods can't give you a 140 channels and the variety that one likes. I have been in corn fields and playing Poverty and have been in snow storms where it takes two hours to get home.
I can't tell you a better way to here the blues or what ever then XM.
visionjohnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2011, 09:55 PM   #10
dirtdobber

Garage

If ya have that kinda of money go for it. As for myself, the answer would be NO.

My IPod works for me and if I get bored with that I have a search on my radio.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement