X/C Insurance quotes - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Cross Country and Cross Roads

Old 02-12-2011, 01:57 PM   #1
RedRocker
Lifetime Premium

Post X/C Insurance quotes

Just finished up getting quotes from GEICO and Progressive for a 2011 X/C. I called GEICO first because they insure my current bike. They came in at $364.00 per year. Progressive came in at $239.00 per year. The coverage and deductibles are the same. I was really surprised Progressive came in $125.00 below the Gecko.

I've been with GEICO with my last two street bikes, but I'm willing to switch. Has anyone else had the same experience while comparing the two Insurers?
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-12-2011, 07:14 PM   #2
ammo_umb

I have USAA and didn't have much of a choicde; they don't do powersport policies -- they sent me to Progressive. I must say that Progressive is very reasonable, I have full coverage on my 2008 V-Star 1100 custom and my 2011 CR. I pay about $200 per year for both of bikes.

Geico is probably more expensive because of the Gecko; Progressive has Flo who already speaks english -- Geico had to raise their rates to pay for someone to teach the Gecko to speak.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 07:27 PM   #3
CrossRoads
Administrator

Progressive here too. Was the lowest quote on same coverage. Others were even more than double for the same coverage, in my case. It doesn't mean though that Progressive will be lowest for everybody. There are a lot of factors involved. Smart shoppers do their shopping!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------
Blest with victory and peace, may the heav'n rescued land
Praise the Power that hath made and preserved us a nation.
Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just,
And this be our motto: "In God is our trust."
And the star-spangled banner in triumph shall wave
O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave!
CrossRoads is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 08:29 PM   #4
dirtdobber

Garage

I have been using Progressive for several years. I do a comparison quote every year and progressive wins every year. My rates has dropped every year for the past 4 years.
My 1800 VTX is $10 a year for full coverage. Can't remember the other 3 right now.
I had a accident in my car a month ago and they have been top notch taking care of me.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #5
ammo_umb

DD,
Glad you mentioned something about claims, I was going to ask about that after this thread got a few more hits. I was a little concerned about going to a new insurance company; I had USAA for years and didn't need Progressive until I bought my V-Star.
Good to hear they're easy to deal with. Accidents cause enough stress, nobody should ever have to argue with their insurance company after getting smacked.

2008 V-Star 1100 Custom Bobber project

2011 Crimson XR with Forged Highway Bars / Hard Bags / Passenger Backrest / Tall OEM Windshield / OEM Highway Bar Closeouts / Hardbag Protection Bars. Ness goodies including Smooth Layback Plate Frame/Mount, black Rad 3 Mirrors, black deep cut grips, black deep cut drivers floorboards, black deep cut shifter/brake pegs, and black deep cut passenger pegs. Witchdoctor black rack.
ammo_umb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 11:59 PM   #6
wesdalton

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtdobber View Post
I have been using Progressive for several years. I do a comparison quote every year and progressive wins every year. My rates has dropped every year for the past 4 years.
My 1800 VTX is $10 a year for full coverage. Can't remember the other 3 right now.
I had a accident in my car a month ago and they have been top notch taking care of me.
Did you say $10.00 per year?? or is that a type error
wesdalton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 01:12 AM   #7
BBob
Lifetime Premium

Garage

Yep. I save a couple hundred per year by switching to Progressive from Geico.

Seems like every three years, whatever ins company I'm with, starts playing games with my rates so start doing a bit of shopping. In this case Geico lost me as a customer for my MC but retained me for my car. Once I told them what was up; the magically came up with a better rate. Next year I'll check back with Geico to see what they can magically do.

No accidents, no tickets, and my credit rating is very good. I should have the lowest rate possible. Yes; your credit rating has a lot to do with your insurance rate.
BBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:46 AM   #8
C141exeng

Default My Crossroads

I have Geico on my 2010 Crossroads. Haven't had as much as a parking ticket since 1983 and it is costing me $311.00 a year with $500 deductible. They are very easy to deal with so I think I will stay right there....
C141exeng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:18 AM   #9
dirtdobber

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesdalton View Post
Did you say $10.00 per year?? or is that a type error
This was not a error. I am in the process of doing a make over and knew it would take me close to a year to finish. So I went in to cancel the policy only to find out I was only being charged $10. The crazy part is I have additional $5,000 for custom parts. They had canceled it, then reinstated it. 4 days later I got a letter from the Alabama motor division wanting prof I had insurance on it.

Progressive gave me a check in 2 days and then after taking my car in the adjuster went to the body shop I am using (my choice) and and gave another check. I has hit pretty hard in the drivers side that shoved me through 5 lanes.

I am very happy with progressive.
Old 02-13-2011, 06:06 PM   #10
ladyridr

Progressive is very competitive with motorcycle insurance. If I remember my stats correctly Progressive is the number 1 motorcycle insurance company at this time.

I don't know if you got a quote on line. I am assuming you have no traffic violations or claims that would affect your premium.

Sometimes when quoting on line you are given a generic quote then reports (trafic violations and claims) are ordered when you indicate you wish to proceed with the application. If anything shows up on these reports then the premium could change.

Dixie

2012 Sunset Red Crossroads
2010 Black Crossroads - Traded
ladyridr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement