Big changes for Victory? - Page 2 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory General Discussion

Old 08-27-2013, 11:01 PM   #11
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanex View Post
I'd like to see a chopper
I was going to say something clever, but I'm freakin' speechless.
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt
half_crazy is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2013, 11:07 PM   #12
RICZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
I was going to say something clever, but I'm freakin' speechless.
Go ahead, Ma Vic doesn't care what you think, but we do.
http://www.victoryforums.com/showthr...t=lift+adapter
RICZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 AM   #13
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

I would simply like to see the mother ship make a turn... away from "Hey! Let's put apes and spokes on it!" and toward "Hey! Let's build the bike that will turn the apple cart over and light it on fire".

If I want a chopper I know where to get one. If I want an old school 'new antique' I know where to get one. If I want a crotch rocket I know where to get one. How about something I can ONLY get at a Victory dealership?

Give us the functionality/utility/versatility of the FJR 1300 in a bike with the comfort/style/V-twin rumble/torque of a cruiser. How about a cafe' bagger? How about a standard cruiser? No one has ever done those.

Take this bike:

this bike:

this bike:

and this bike:

Now roll them all up in a ball....
airbox, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt

Last edited by half_crazy; 08-28-2013 at 06:48 AM.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:37 AM   #14
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shanex View Post
I'd like to see a chopper

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Honda tried that. They left the VTX models for the Fury, Stateline, and I forget the others name.

Don't see many on the Hiway.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:42 AM   #15
Speeddemon3579

Quote:
I would simply like to see the mother ship make a turn... away from "Hey! Let's put apes and spokes on it!" and toward "Hey! Let's build the bike that will turn the apple cart over and light it on fire".

If I want a chopper I know where to get one. If I want an old school 'new antique' I know where to get one. If I want a crotch rocket I know where to get one. How about something I can ONLY get at a Victory dealership?

Give us the functionality/utility/versatility of the FJR 1300 in a bike with the comfort/style/V-twin rumble/torque of a cruiser. No one has ever done that.
Sounds good to me.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Just Getting Started
Speeddemon3579 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 06:50 AM   #16
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speeddemon3579 View Post
Sounds good to me.
Read the edit....
Old 08-28-2013, 07:01 AM   #17
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons View Post
Honda tried that.
That whole chopper thing is soooo 10 years ago. What's big now is baggers. Victory needs to stop following trends and START the next big thing...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:06 AM   #18
Pop

Garage

How many current Vic owners are going to get an Indian as an "instead of" choice to Victory. 1%? Even that seems high.

The base is secure. Is the base enough? I guess you'll have to ask a member of the BOD that is part of the steering committee.

Big companies with quantified track records don't typically hang their hats on "change". They hang it on incremental tweaks to the product and they watch how little pushes affect the bottom line.

That ain't to say that nothing new will come out of Spirit Lake but if the devil we don't know comes along it will be right alongside the devil we do know.

If I'm R&D at Vic and am in a engine development program. I'm thinking I'm all up in cutting edge and big change is afoot. That, no doubt was the thinking of the R&D team that fielded the Twinkie at the MoCo, the same Twinkie that is considered an antiquated continuation of a 70 year old engine design that is not the best example of the manufacturers efforts.

We can't help it
We just keep moving
It's been that way since long ago
Since the stone age chasing the great herds
We mostly go where we have to go

That was written by James McMurtry
Pop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 AM   #19
4 inch pistons
Premium Member

Quote:
That whole chopper thing is soooo 10 years ago. What's big now is baggers. Victory needs to stop following trends and START the next big thing...
Yep! I agree.

PERSONALLY-------what I would like to se is something that would make the bikes a lot more "ride-able" and "style-ish" at the same time. The same "flowing graceful" lines of the Kingpin, Crossroads, Vegas are something special. Without a windshield or fairing, the riding position has the hans out and the body upright making the rider in effect, a sail. The bigger the rider, the bigger the sail. But why does everybody think that for a fairing to be effective it has to be a large bulky BATWING. I remember the bikes I had from the 70's had a lot of the same problem. I would buy these cheap $10-15 quarter fairings from JC Whitney and they worked fantastic. And they were no more than inches around the headlight. You got the right idea with the FJR front end for aerodynamics. My buddy has a Kawa Verses with a frame mounted windscreen no more than 10" wide and it is better wind protection than the clear billboard on my XR. So why not make a small (operative word here is small--not like a Road Glide or Vision) frame mounted EFFECTIVE fairing/windshield with a built in lighting system that does not hurt the handling of the bike---does not look like a copy of the Harley (see Chieftain, CrossCountry)---so that it cuts the air instead of plowing the air at the expense of handling. IOW--dress up the front end of the bike, make it a bagger like the X bikes. I really like the concept of the Switch Back---but the functionally could be improved.

Sorry--starting to ramble.
Old 08-28-2013, 07:57 AM   #20
Squatch

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 inch pistons View Post
Honda tried that. They left the VTX models for the Fury, Stateline, and I forget the others name.

Don't see many on the Hiway.
Honda had to leave the VTX line, HD lawsuite of the sound of the VTX1800.

USN/USCG Vet
2013 Cross Country Tour
Zumo 665 w/weather
Power Commander V
Lloydz Air filter
PTS set to +6*
Hydraulic Clutch
D&D wrapped/RPW baffles
Touring Cams
124 hp/119#ft

A country that forgets it's defenders, will itself soon be forgotten

Last edited by Squatch; 08-28-2013 at 08:04 AM.
Squatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement