106ci performance upgrades - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Hammer Forum

Old 05-03-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
HammerDS

Default 106ci performance upgrades

My '09 hammer is stock with the 106ci engine and the 2-into-1 Victory performance exhaust. I dropped the rear 1" which improved the look to me. Now I'm considering bumping up the HP. What's your opinion of the next best performance upgrade. This thing runs great, I'm just looking at options to tweak it some. Looking to get the best bang for my buck on the upgrades. I'm somewhat of a newbie to this kind of riding. My last bike was a 650 V-star.
LLoydz Torque Tubes, ECU
Lloydz Adjustable Timing Wheel, Variable clutch
Bassani long 2-1
MBW front and rear LEDs and side plate
1" rear lowering links
Corbin touring seat
Memphis Shades Batwing fairing
HammerDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2011, 01:33 PM   #2
Paul M

Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDS View Post
My '09 hammer is stock with the 106ci engine and the 2-into-1 Victory performance exhaust. I dropped the rear 1" which improved the look to me. Now I'm considering bumping up the HP. What's your opinion of the next best performance upgrade. This thing runs great, I'm just looking at options to tweak it some. Looking to get the best bang for my buck on the upgrades. I'm somewhat of a newbie to this kind of riding. My last bike was a 650 V-star.
I would make a call to Lloyd's and talk to him...probably a cam job (if you don't want to go inside the block....)
Old 05-03-2011, 04:50 PM   #3
jbb01

Depends on what your budget is...better airbox ($300) or cams and pistons ($1500). Not much in between. For what its worth I started with aftermarket pipes, airbox and fuel controller and can tell big difference in hp. Spent about $1200 for all three.
Cams and pistons would yield best results but fig at least 2K after labor.
PCV
RPW Thor

Lloyds ATS
2001 Honda RC-51
jbb01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 05:57 PM   #4
NewCrew

Lloyds is suppose to have a drop in cam that doesn't require changing the carriors for around $350-400. These bikes respond well to better cams. I'm thinking about doing these when they get them in, last of the month maybe. These and a PCV and a dyno tune should set it free.
2009 BMW R1200RT (gone)
2005 RoadGlide (gone) Lots of $$$ invested (lost)
2004 Goldwing (gone))
2001 Valkyrie (gone)
1997 Valkyrie (gone)
Inbetween 1973 CB450 & the 97 Valkyrie (many)
NewCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 08:48 PM   #5
kevinx
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewCrew View Post
Lloyds is suppose to have a drop in cam that doesn't require changing the carriors for around $350-400. These bikes respond well to better cams. I'm thinking about doing these when they get them in, last of the month maybe. These and a PCV and a dyno tune should set it free.
Drop ins are not yet available. Nor are the original VM1's at this time, and yes vs any other available cam; it is WELL worth waiting for.

First things first though. An S&S intake and remap is a great place to start, and you need a good intake for any other upgrades. If you do go with a set of cams down the road. I would advise skipping the over priced, and expensive to tune PCV, and go with a VFC3.
Old 05-04-2011, 08:48 AM   #6
HammerDS

Thanks for the advice. When the drop in cams are available without needing the expensive carrier, I will probably do that.
Meanwhile, I am planning to keep things under $1G for the first bit of upgrades. It looks like Lloydz has an airbox for $310, and S&S has one a little cheaper but doesn't fit the later models. Maybe I should combine the LLoydz airbox with a VCF3 and then get this thing tuned in at the dealer. That should pick up a few horsepower (maybe 5-10?) and get things started. Thanks guys.
LLoydz Torque Tubes, ECU
Lloydz Adjustable Timing Wheel, Variable clutch
Bassani long 2-1
MBW front and rear LEDs and side plate
1" rear lowering links
Corbin touring seat
Memphis Shades Batwing fairing
HammerDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement