2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Victory Motorcycle News

Old 08-12-2011, 01:53 PM   #1
administrator
Administrator

Default 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review

Victory's Cross Country has left a positive impression on the motorcycle-buying public as well as the moto media in the past two years, earning Best Cruiser in our Best Of 2010 awards. For 2012 Victory has expanded the Cross Country into the Cross Country Tour.

Voluminous hard saddlebags, a robust fork-mounted fairing, class-leading power from Victory's Freedom 106/6 V-Twin, sure-footed and confidence-inspiring handling from a stout but lightweight cast-aluminum frame, generous-for-a-cruiser air-adjustable rear suspension travel and sharp, distinctive styling lines have all added up to a winning combination for Victory in the Cross Country.

We're not too surprised to hear of the success Victory is having with the groundbreaking Cross Country. We knew from our first trip with the CC in 2010 that it was, and still is, an impressive bagger. It offers a lot to the rider and leaves little to complain about.

Now, only a couple short years following the CC's introduction, Victory has elevated the Country's status to that of flagship model in the form of the new Cross Country Tour.

More: 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review on Motorcycle.com
administrator is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-15-2011, 08:08 PM   #2
RC_Rock68

Default Dealerships

Will there be a Victory dealership opening in northern Virginia anytime soon? The closest one to where I live is 50 miles away. If I were to buy a Victory motorcycle, I would like to have a Victory dealership closer by so that I would not have to travel too far for maintenance and repairs.
RC_Rock68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2011, 02:28 PM   #3
indyfedtech

Default clearance

I guess I'm gonna have to ride one to find out if it will go thru the twisties. I love to cruise but cuttin a few corners is always a good thing to. It appears in the pictures to not have the clearance needed to really flop side to side. If you happen to find yourself in West Virginia or N Carolinas on some of the greatest M/C roads ever you may find yourself doin the switchback thing more than once.
indyfedtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2011, 06:01 PM   #4
jim g
Premium Member

Default 600 miles on my new XCtour

I just got my first Victory, XC tour 2 weeks ago. Now IT Rains!!!
I'm really enjoying this bike. Did a 500 mile weekend throught the White Mountains in New Hampshire. The ride is smooth the Sunset Red is stunning in the sunlight, The power far exceeds the Electra Glides, I tried those and a Road Glide, The twisties are a blast. Heck I didn't even mine the bumper to bumper traffic around Laconia. The leaf peepers are out full force. I'll probably post a new thread to give everyone my opinion of why I chose the XCT over the Harleys, but for now lets just say I'm patting myself on the back for making a very good decission. If anyone is considering this bike, go find one and ride it. It won't disappoint. Oh yah, bring a fat checkbook.
jim g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
ulmarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC_Rock68 View Post
Will there be a Victory dealership opening in northern Virginia anytime soon? The closest one to where I live is 50 miles away. If I were to buy a Victory motorcycle, I would like to have a Victory dealership closer by so that I would not have to travel too far for maintenance and repairs.
50 miles would give you just that much more fun time riding. Take what you can get
Old 11-07-2011, 04:43 AM   #6
efyfseo123

Default 2012 Victory Cross Country Tour Review

thanks for such a valualble info..really happy to know about bike sales..
efyfseo123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2011, 09:18 AM   #7
petey

Nice looking bike.

Only bikers know why a dog sticks his head out the window.
petey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2011, 12:53 PM   #8
MadMuffin
Lifetime Premium

I just got my new Cross Country Tour in White. Had it 1 month and I Love it. Traded from a Harley Ultra Classic 2007 and this is a much better bike. More get up a go, easier to ride and more fun. Have driven in the 24 to 28 degree days and with heated seat and grips it works great. Looking forward to warmer days and a lot more riding.
MadMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:27 PM   #9
Bob Cammisa

There's very little maintenance, oil changes take 5 minutes and the only repairs you'll have is if you fell over.
Bob Cammisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:16 PM   #10
Grayfox116
Premium Member

Default I Love It!!

This is my seventh bike and my second Victory. I had a 2007 Vision, but it cannot touch the 2012 XCT. Power, handling and comfort are phenomonal. I have owned Harleys, a Goldwing, a Boss Hoss and Thunder Mountain Custom but nothing beats my Cross Country Tour.
Grayfox116 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement