Arlen Ness Slash-Ness Exhaust - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vegas Forum

Old 09-04-2011, 11:15 AM   #1
Damby

Default Arlen Ness Slash-Ness Exhaust

Anyone out there have the Slash-Ness exhaust? I would love feedback on how they sound. Wanted the X-Box Stage 1, but they won't fit my 08 Vegas. The Stage 1 Swept are a little to loud for me.
Damby is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2011, 12:32 PM   #2
Tarzan
Lifetime Premium

If stage1 swept are too loud, then Slash-ness are way too loud.
Actually the swept with factory baffles is pretty tame. My buddy had the Swept on his 09 Kingpin and I had Slash-ness.Mine was way louder.Then he pulled his baffles and his was still a little queiter than mine.His then sounded bad with no baffles in my opinion. I added Big City Thunder Baffles to mine and it was a little bit quieter, but still too loud for me. I ended up with a 2-1 from RPW and am happy now. Nice rumble in the lower rpm band, but deep and throaty when you get on it.
Old 09-04-2011, 01:22 PM   #3
Damby

Thanks. I like the deep throaty sound of the 2 into 1, and X-Bow pipes. X-Bow is what I really want, but won't fit my 08. Just not that excited about the looks of the 2 into 1. I will look into the Swept more. So far every one I have herd have been really loud. Will have to ask about the baffles next time.
Damby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 03:03 PM   #4
muckers

hey Damby,

I have the swept on my 2011 8-ball because they didn't have the x-bow in black finish. The police were cracking down here on loud exhaust so i pulled the baffels and added smart partz quiet exhaust baffels. Nice sound and everyone else with after market exhaust is louder so i don't draw attention to myself. I even think that the increase in back preasure gave it more lower end tourque!
muckers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 AM   #5
PrairieSon

I had the swepts on my vegas and I now have the slashness on my JP. I can tell you that the Ness pipes are way louder. They have a real crack to them but not obnoxious in my opinion. However, if you cruise the forum about pipes you'll find that the Ness pipes are rated better overall than the swepts. Personally, I prefer the short slash style to the longer swept pipes but that's an appearance preference at that point.

Hope that helps. Peace.
PrairieSon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement