Full Tilt on the Dragon - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Motorcycles > Victory Vision Forum

Old 10-14-2011, 09:10 PM   #1
Spiderman
Lifetime Premium

Default Full Tilt on the Dragon

For those of you contemplating buying a Vision or possibly questioning her handling for such a big bike.....check this out. Full tilt with sparks flying on the Dragon.....I rest my case [IMG]

http://gallery.me.com/kinghouse1#100016/img_9351_3&bgcolor=black[/IMG]
Attached Images
File Type: jpg img_9351_3.jpg (42.9 KB, 184 views)

2008 Hammer S (traded in for the Vision)

VTX 1800 convert

Ride hard, Live long
Spiderman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-15-2011, 06:54 AM   #2
Joe Schmoe

AWESOME Picture...Make that a POSTER and hang it up in your house!!

108.7 HP and 112.9 ft/lbs Torque
Member of the "Year Round Riding Club"
Proud owner of a Cadillac Crotch Rocket
Joe Schmoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2011, 07:18 AM   #3
Spiderman
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Schmoe View Post
AWESOME Picture...Make that a POSTER and hang it up in your house!!

It's already ordered

VTX 1800 convert

Ride hard, Live long
Old 10-15-2011, 11:58 AM   #4
BanditSRT8

Unfortunately, your pic displays poor body position. You're so crossed up, it's no wonder you're dragging hard parts. Frankly, I'd be surprised if you said that you've never lowsided or run into other similar issues.

Dragging pegs is of course fine, but dragging hard parts is very dangerous. When this happens, it can lift the rear tire and of course bad things happen.

As Keith Code says, the more YOU lean, the less the bike is forced to. If you scoot about a half cheek off the seat (in the direction of the turn), and follow through with your head like you're supposed to, the bike does not have to lean as severely for the same turn & speed. The more you practice proper riding position, the faster you'll be able to do this exact turn with less lean angle on the bike.
Old 10-15-2011, 12:08 PM   #5
BanditSRT8

While this article deals with knee-dragging, the physics are still the same for ALL 2 wheeled vehicles. The more you lean, the less the bike is forced to, the better the experience.

While we do not "hang off" on a cruiser or bagger, we do need to follow through with our head (lowered and leaning in the direction of the turn while looking through the turn, not straight ahead), and practice proper body position. This helps to properly load the suspension (instead of imbalance it) and keeps the rider on the bike with a greater degree of stability.

We're obviously not on a track, so extreme and exaggerated variations of this is not required, but lowering your head (close to your in-turn hand) and following through will greatly help your cornering.

I offer this longer explanation so that you realize I'm not being critical to be mean, but in order to be helpful and offer help rather than criticism.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:51 PM   #6
Spiderman
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT8 View Post
While this article deals with knee-dragging, the physics are still the same for ALL 2 wheeled vehicles. The more you lean, the less the bike is forced to, the better the experience.

While we do not "hang off" on a cruiser or bagger, we do need to follow through with our head (lowered and leaning in the direction of the turn while looking through the turn, not straight ahead), and practice proper body position. This helps to properly load the suspension (instead of imbalance it) and keeps the rider on the bike with a greater degree of stability.

We're obviously not on a track, so extreme and exaggerated variations of this is not required, but lowering your head (close to your in-turn hand) and following through will greatly help your cornering.

I offer this longer explanation so that you realize I'm not being critical to be mean, but in order to be helpful and offer help rather than criticism.
Thanks for the very technical explanation of counter-leaning. I am very familiar with it and practice it regularly on this massive machine. I was practicing it in the shot, although I am no expert racer. I would also challenge you to the angle of the shot in my photograph...not the best camera angle to critique my form. Anyway, I probably could have leaned a bit further to mitigate the drag, but I enjoy grinding my footboards. They are designed to drag and actually give a little as well. That is the only body part dragging in this shot. Although I will admit to dragging my tip-overs from time to time..good form or not.

I posted the shot because it looks cool...not to brag of my riding skills.

Ride on.....

VTX 1800 convert

Ride hard, Live long

Last edited by Spiderman; 10-15-2011 at 02:54 PM.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:28 PM   #7
jgreg65
Premium Member

Which ever looks like a GREAT shot to be proud of!
2005 Suzuki C50 - Retired
US Navy - Retired
O&A XM 105
Thank our troops for your freedom! MIA's we will never forget!
jgreg65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 12:29 AM   #8
BanditSRT8

I've never seen a Vision ridden so hard, so believe me... I am impressed!! It's nice to see someone ride such a large bird so aggressively

From the shot, it seemed as though the exhaust was dragging, and if that was the case, I wanted to get some of that info out there. As with all forums, we get a lot of different people with different levels of experience, so I figured better safe than sorry.

I hope you weren't offended, that was certainly not my intention. I'm just very used to my sportbike forums where everyone offers riding advice, particularly on a picture post like this. We all try to help one another learn a little more and push ourselves (safely of course). We promote an environment of education and support, and I tend to carry that with me to all other forums I frequent. In many cases folks actually start threads with pics like this and ask to be critiqued in order to gain more knowledge. Again, my apologies if you took it in any other way.
Old 10-16-2011, 06:53 AM   #9
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by BanditSRT8 View Post
Unfortunately, your pic displays poor body position. You're so crossed up, it's no wonder you're dragging hard parts.

As Keith Code says....
Are you an expert rider? Experienced roadracer? Can you judge a rider's ability from one picture?

The last guy who quoted Keith Code to me (I have read his books) was telling me that a cruiser is all wrong for cornering and that I needed the right tool for the job... Evidently, talk is cheap.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.

Last edited by half_crazy; 10-16-2011 at 08:17 AM.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2011, 10:08 AM   #10
Jimbokingpin

Garage
Default No BS just having fun

I enjoyed the Dragon alsoJim and Kp on curve.jpg
Sponsored Links
Advertisement