How good is your local dealer? - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > North America Regional Forums > America SouthEast

Old 01-05-2012, 07:34 PM   #1
Jimbokingpin

Garage
Thumbs down How good is your local dealer?

I regrettably have to say that my local dealer is lacking in several areas; perhaps they just don't know any better. Purchased by Kingpin new one year ago at a Victory dealer well known here in the Atlanta area; also spent big bucks on accessories. Have no issues with the purchase.....until I went to have it repaired. Dropped the bike so I thought of my dealer when I gave it to them to repair. For example the wires behind the indicator lights were torn and broke when returned to me; such a simple thing to inspect and fix. Now I wonder if the engine repair was done correctly. Also I was treated badly and not given any updates on the repair which took over 3 months to complete. When I asked questions I was told "Why should I care the insurance is paying for this"

Be aware a warranty is worthless if it cannot be backed-up by a competent service and repair tech. Be careful who you let work on your bike. You may say take it back and have the work done correctly. I say, I don't believe they can and don't want them to touch my bike. I will gladly pay someone else to repair and I've already found them!

Jim

my 2 cents on the local Victory dealer in Cumming, Ga.!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-06-2012, 11:30 AM   #2
BeoBob

The local Victory dealership (Jacksonville Power Sports) is about 5 miles from my house. They sell and service a variety of bikes and other power sports machines. I have not done business with them for a couple of years (except parts) due to multiple safety critical and customer service related issues I had with warranty and maintenance work on the Kawasakis I own(ed).

To be fair… since then Jacksonville Power Sports has replaced a lot of the management including the service manager... so it could be totally different now.

I have always done my own work on my cars, but the problem I had with JPS forced me get comfortable working on bikes. I now do all my own work except warranty and tires.

I purchased my Vic from Polaris of Gainesville. The crew there has been great from the beginning. So what if they are 80 miles and 1.5 hours away. It is totally worth the ride to know that the guys working on my bike know what they are doing and care about the bike they are working on. So far they have done the 500 mile check-up and a couple of warranty repairs for me with excellent results.
2013 Cross Country Tour: Stage 1 exhaust, Lloydz Hi-Flow air filter, cams (HOH-VM1-DR), timing gear (HOH-PTS), Power Commander V, Auto Tune module, Gustafson flip shield, OEM passenger backrest with Cycle Ops luggage rack, Vic HID, heel shifter.

2011 Cross Country: Burnt and Traded
BeoBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 12:45 PM   #3
07PEARLJACKPOT

as with any type of service oriented companys
there are good ones and bad ones.
KURYAKYN FLAME PEGS
"JACKPOT" OIL COOLER COVER
CHROME STARTER COVER
MEMPHIS SHADES WINDSHIELD
VICTORY TOOL ROLL
RPW SLASH EXHAUST
S&S INTAKE
KURYAKYN ELLIPSE MIRRORS
07PEARLJACKPOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:04 AM   #4
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

My local dealer is Victory of Southern Maryland and they are fantastic. Of course, they still don't do work on my bike unless absolutely necessary... but if I needed someone to I would trust them to do it.

They build some custom bikes and they built this bike out of parts from almost every year Victory. It's for sale too...

The bike ran 12.44 too....
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #5
tydesigns

I use Victory of Southern Maryland as well. They do a good job, except service costs more than I think it should be. But other than that it's been great. Half Crazy, maybe we should hook up for a ride sometime.
tydesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:50 AM   #6
browneye

Half Crazy what the hell do you call that thing. Its a Vegas...No V92...wait its a Kingpin No its a V92 No wait its a KP...Nope its a Vicenstein!

I am stationed here at Bragg in NC. I bought my Vic from M&M Leather here in Fayetteville just before fathers day. I liked all the staff and the service department was top notch when I needed some help with my old shovelhead with reasonable repair cost. Which after countless trips in to pick up parts. I researched and researched some more about Vics and finally bit the bullet and bought a new 08 Vegas premium from them for what seemed a great deal at the time.
Then i got to know the owner a little better damn was this a bummer. After I was run off the road and took it into the shop for an estimate I should have let the insurance total the damn thing. He wanted over 8G to rebuild straight back to stock with no deviation in parts. No upgrades with a little extra from me for difference in parts. Total douche. Charged Insurance company $700 storage because He(Bill/Owner) was in Hawaii on vacation and wouldn't allow it to be picked up. Would not reccomend Bills shop unless he is out of the picture his employees are better people than I am because I wouldnt work for that A$$.

I did track down Twin Specialties in Raleigh and they are a little of the beatten path but a pleasure to deal with as far as parts go. I have yet to have any work done because I bought a manual and put the bike back together with that.

Also Don't use DC Auto out of Sanford,NC either. David(owner) is a crook and I am in the process of trying to get money he still owes for parts and labor for a $2000 paint job that looks like it was done with spare rattle cans in the garage and some tape. After 3 months waiting on him to finish I am affraid to take it back for him to FIX his screw ups and mismatched clear coats after he dented the flawless tank I took him and scratched the front fender after he supposedly fixed it.

1978 Harley FXE B@$TERD Shovel:mad:
browneye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:57 AM   #7
half_crazy
Lifetime Premium

Quote:
Originally Posted by tydesigns View Post
I use Victory of Southern Maryland as well. They do a good job, except service costs more than I think it should be. But other than that it's been great. Half Crazy, maybe we should hook up for a ride sometime.
Sure. Let's do it.
bodies, RPW Thor pipe, Lloydz ECU, PC-III, Rivera Pro clutch spring, 31 tooth pulley w/Buell belt.
half_crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 12:05 PM   #8
Evilive69

Quote:
Originally Posted by half_crazy View Post
The bike ran 12.44 too....
I seem to remember running a 12.34 on it, with a dead clutch and no tach. If he fixes those issue it should run 12.teens
Evilive69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:20 PM   #9
Tims_04V92TC

Garage

I have to say that All Out Cycles of Chesapeake Va is doing me right! Very happy with them and the prev owner I purchased my ride from has used them since he bought it new with no complaints.

Most recent when I was about to order a new flash for my bike they offered to verify first before letting me order it. The could have easily just accepted my order and took 225 out of my pocket without me knowing it. Of course it cost 1hr labor but in comparison to what I was about to spend based on my current maintenace records that I got with the bike I saved money.

Sunrise Cycle's is a little farther out in Norfolk and I don't have much experience with their maintenace department but salesmen in the store front are knowledgable and helpful.

Feeling good about Vic product and support in Hampton Roads area!
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers

2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley

IBA Rider
Retired Navy SCPO
Chesapeake Va
Tims_04V92TC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 08:05 PM   #10
Jimbokingpin

Garage
Default That lucky for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tims_04V92TC View Post
I have to say that All Out Cycles of Chesapeake Va is doing me right! Very happy with them and the prev owner I purchased my ride from has used them since he bought it new with no complaints.

Most recent when I was about to order a new flash for my bike they offered to verify first before letting me order it. The could have easily just accepted my order and took 225 out of my pocket without me knowing it. Of course it cost 1hr labor but in comparison to what I was about to spend based on my current maintenace records that I got with the bike I saved money.

Sunrise Cycle's is a little farther out in Norfolk and I don't have much experience with their maintenace department but salesmen in the store front are knowledgable and helpful.

Feeling good about Vic product and support in Hampton Roads area!
We have 2 big dealers in Atlanta area. Kennesaw, Cumming but owned by the same person and both offer crap for service.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement