2013 Victory Judge Review - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
» Insurance
» Sponsors
» Our Partners
»ATV Reviews
»Motorcycle Games
Go Back   Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum > Victory Forums > Victory Motorcycle News

Old 02-14-2012, 04:21 PM   #1
administrator
Administrator

Default 2013 Victory Judge Review

Nearly three years in the making from concept to the street the Judge is Victory's first new cruiser platform since 2006. While we didn't know Victory's latest creation was on its way to us, a recent full day ride aboard the Judge says this new cruiser was worth the wait.

The first impression the Judge imposes is that it's a power cruiser with a lineage from the Hammer S. Although this new bike is stout looking, just like the Hammer, the Judge is its own machine, with its classic American muscle car-inspired styling revealed most prominently in the cast-aluminum 5-spoke wheels wrapped in plump 16-inch Dunlop 491 tires wearing raised white lettering.

At first glance the Judge looks compact. With a deeply dished saddle designed to hold the rider in place, mid-mount controls now more rearward and a handlebar moved 1.0-inch forward compared to the Vegas cruiser, Victory's product manager Ben Lindaman says the Judge's ergo package is specifically designed to fit and appeal to a wide range of riders, with part of that appeal in the form of a flat-foot-able 25.9-inch seat height.

More: 2013 Victory Judge Review on Motorcycle.com
administrator is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-16-2012, 09:35 AM   #2
surly

Default Judge Judged?

Just seen the judge at the London bike show Vic has helpfully parked the 2012 Hammer s near it and I do not see why anyone would buy the Judge when they can have the Hammer so its a bit less money I could have bought a Thunderbird storm for 2 grand less than I paid for my Hammer and its made 60 miles from where I live when you are spending this much money surely you might as well have what you really want and screw the money saving.
I was interested in the set back foot pegs for my bike and the head lamp off it though.
The footpegs will fit a Hammer but do not feel as comfy as mine so thats saved me some money but the head light is still calling me.
This bike may actually save me money as I usually get bored and look to change bikes after around 10 months (yes I have had a lot of bikes) but I am still besotted by my Hammer after 8 Months and have no desire to change it so thanks to Victory for making the bike I always wanted and it only took me 44 years to find it.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #3
Peredhil

I kept getting the emails and got excited to see one... Kinda cool Gunny is the spokesman.

I haven't yet had the chance to see it in person, so I'll wait till then to finalize my opinion. But just going by the pics on the internets, (and I readily agree that's not fair) it looks like a foreign cruiser...

I like my hammer. I am still looking forward to seeing in person and eventually test riding though. I can see that easily changing my tune.

Unfortunately, my local Vic dealership only does Japanese bikes now and it's quite the drive to another dealer... Will have to wait till I'm 'in the area'.
Peredhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:29 PM   #4
surly

Default Stumpy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peredhil View Post
I kept getting the emails and got excited to see one... Kinda cool Gunny is the spokesman.

I haven't yet had the chance to see it in person, so I'll wait till then to finalize my opinion. But just going by the pics on the internets, (and I readily agree that's not fair) it looks like a foreign cruiser...

I like my hammer. I am still looking forward to seeing in person and eventually test riding though. I can see that easily changing my tune.

Unfortunately, my local Vic dealership only does Japanese bikes now and it's quite the drive to another dealer... Will have to wait till I'm 'in the area'.
If you like your Hammer and I bet you do you will not like the Judge its like the stumpy ugly girl at the party if theres nothing else you will give it a go but you sure do not want your friends seeing you on top of it
Old 02-26-2012, 05:24 PM   #5
noobiepin

Im just not that impressed with it. After looking at the Vision's design, just think Victory missed the mark. Really...19000 for the Hammer is too high, and if this thing is close to that ,I cant imagine their going to sell too many.
RPW upswept exhaust
Kuryakyn mirrors
S&S air intake with stage 2 mapping
noobiepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #6
surly

Default Pricey

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobiepin View Post
Im just not that impressed with it. After looking at the Vision's design, just think Victory missed the mark. Really...19000 for the Hammer is too high, and if this thing is close to that ,I cant imagine their going to sell too many.
Yes the Hammer is a bit expensive and as I stated earlier I could have got a Thunderbird storm for two grand less and its made on my doorstep but most bikers are men at least they are in the UK and when we want something we worry about cost later i have had my Hammer for about 8 months now and have not regretted buying it for one second anything that makes me feel this good is money well spent love it.
Old 02-27-2012, 02:40 PM   #7
BWhelan

I think this bike is suppose to be on the lower end of Victory's models. I feel like I've seen pricing for this around the $13,999 - 14,999 range. Which is a lot of bike for the price.

As for the Hammer, I can honestly say that I think it is the funnest bike out of all the Victory models. - It may see like alot of money for the bike, but imho it's worth every penny. You just don't get that kind of fun on a regular cruiser, but a muscle cruiser, it's a different story. (Plus the comments and looks you get, MmmMmmm)
BWhelan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:54 AM   #8
Whitie

Garage
Question

I like the concept of an old musclecar, and i like the looks... except WTF is the oval lump that the seat actually wraps around, a tumor?!?!?
Seriously... wtf is it?
BATMAN is a 2011 Cross Country with: Apes, Lloydz fuel controller, D&D pipes, high flow air filter, Victory low tinted flip windshield, Cross Roads thin seat, Heavy Metal Designz 2"-3" lowering kit from hmd520.com, skid plate from victorypolicemotorcycles.com, & H.I.D. headlight from xenonhidconversionkit.com. It's ALL black~chromeless~stealth... a.k.a.: complete MURDAH job!

As Henry Ford once famously said: "You can have any color as long as it's black."
Whitie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 09:23 AM   #9
JimmyJ

Looks like something SAMCRO could be riding. If Jax really wanted to really change things up; put his fairing on, flat black, reaper... the possibilities are endless!
69 Triumph 650 tr6 chopped
68 Honda 305 Scrambler
JimmyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 10:04 AM   #10
Speedblue

Default Side covers.

I see a new market opening up. Aftermarket side covers of a more convectional design. Just wait until they start selling them. You will see somebody come up with a different design,unless Victory is smart and beats them to the punch and comes up with some themselves.. I could see some with a hidden compartment with small lids for small items such as papers or gloves,etc. Just an idea Roland Sands.
Speedblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement