Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

Lowering link from Witchdoctors

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  dtmmil 
#1 ·
Anybody have experience with one of these? I'm thinking about the 1.5" lowering link and would like to know if it affects the handling, or any other issues. Doesn't look really hard to install.

#2 ·
try whitewallchoppers they make links also, when you do a drop you will need to loosen your belt, also if you drag parts now you will drag more after, and you will have to run more air in the shock. i run the adjustable at 2" lowered

#3 ·
It looks like the same part although a bit cheaper which is good. Good info on the belt, I didn't know that.

#4 ·
basically the same link but whitewall uses a different bushing

#6 ·
So I've been thinking about this, is the lowering link, say the 1.5" link really 1.5" shorter? Why wouldn't I be able to take the stock one to a good welding shop and get them to take 1.5" off in the center of that link. Same with the stand. Probably a lot cheaper unless there is something else about this that I'm missing.

#7 ·
Auto part

1.5" lowering link is 3/4" shorter then stock, i did this one yesterday, it is a 1.5" drop.

#8 ·
good stuff, so you need to cut about 1/2 of what you want the drop to be, they must be measuring at the very back of the bike.

#9 ·
no its the geometry it works with, but yes 1/2 of what you want to drop, so for a 1 1/2" drop cut 3/4" out

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.