I was just going to post this if no one else had even though it's for HD touring bikes. Better warn the XCT and Vision riders there's a new badass motor in town. I just wish they could estimate the expected mileage if not raced.
Breaking News. S&S Cycle About To Launch The Biggest, Baddest, Bolt-In Engine In Stock Touring Frame. The T143.
Published by Cyril Huze
November 22nd, 2014 in Customs
Official launch will be spring 2015, but you see it here and I can give you a few details. First, a few words of caution from S&S Cycle VP of Product Development Scott Sjovall “This T143 engine
fits in a stock frame, and starts really well, but it is really not for everybody! Frankly, it may scare the hell out of you if you don’t have experience with high performance engines. With this kind of power, you will definitely need a stronger clutch. I guess it boils down to this: It’s really a thinly disguised race motor. It’s noisier, has more personality, and you’re not going to get 100,000 miles on it…but it sure is fun!” Scott then added, “Be careful where you point it.”
Internally, S&S Cycle nicknamed it the “Big Shorty” But its official name is the T143 Motor
, a Long Block engine of, 143 cubic inches. And it’s very bad: 162 horsepower and 151 ft-lb of torque. And it bolts into a stock 2008 and later bagger chassis with absolutely no frame modifications . The B3 heads were designed specifically for this engine, optimally locating the intake and exhaust ports while still providing the correct flow. The contour of the rocker boxes has been addressed to clear the frame.The T143 Long Block does not include a fuel system, but an intake kit is available that includes a special propriatary 70mm Throttle Hog throttle body with the special ports that mate up to the new S&S B3 cylinder heads and an S&S Stealth air cleaner.
It was 11 years ago that S&S introduced the T124 and it is still the go-to choice for upgrading your late model Harley-Davidson® motorcycle . It remains a great choice today, but the T143
is about to join the party and many will want to upgrade… S&S Cycle T143 Engine
• 2008-later Harley-Davidson® touring models
FEATURES AND BENEFITS
• Fits in stock chassis – no cutting or frame modifications
• S&S B3 cylinder heads CNC machined with 2 bolt exhaust flanges
• S&S Super Stock T2 Crankcases with reed breather valve
• 3 Piece Flywheels
• S&S high flow oil pump and cam cover
• S&S 635 Easy Start gear drive cams and S&S 1.75:1 rocker arms for .674″ total lift.
• Premium S&S lifters
• 6 months parts warranty
• Wrinkle Black or Stone Gray powder coat finish
• Rocket B3 2 into 1 Exhaust System
• High Flow Injectors – S&S recommends a flow rate of 12.15 g/sec for optimal performance
• Power Vision for tuning
• Variable pressure plate add on kit for stock clutch