Because these are "what if" questions here are my hypothetical answers to your questions:
1. No, it would fuel their rage and the violence would intensify.
2. If not immediately, shortly thereafter.
3. Yes, those involved would feel more entitled to continue the foolishness.
4. Not at all, they think that stealing a package of toilet paper is justified because someone was killed
5. If 10 cops shoot, 20 rioters will shoot back. 100 police shoot, 200 rioters shoot back.
6. That's just funny.
7. Only if the governor issues martial law.
8. No, the individuals involved will look for any justification behind their ridiculous actions. The mayors statements only made her look like a fool to the rest of the country. I am guessing that 99.9% of those reacting to the death of this young man, don't even know who the mayor of their city is, much less know what she says.
9. Leaving your merchandise on the streets for the thieves to take at will would not have changed the destruction of their establishments.
10. I still have enough control that I would beat my kids. I have no issue disassociating with adult family members, I've done it for much less.