Thoughts and Prayers for our Texas Folks With the Hurricane - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 19Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-25-2017, 06:10 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Kurbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 426
Default Thoughts and Prayers for our Texas Folks With the Hurricane

Hoping all will be well with the Texas folks here on the board. Been through a couple hurricanes in the corpus area myself, and I know what a nasty piece of business they can be. Houston, Corpus, Galveston, etc....


If you are able keep us posted on things and if any needs crop up let me know.

2012 Pin
Torque Tubes, VM-1 cams, PCV, Throttle ring, ATS
Kurbs is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 144
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbs View Post
Hoping all will be well with the Texas folks here on the board. Been through a couple hurricanes in the corpus area myself, and I know what a nasty piece of business they can be. Houston, Corpus, Galveston, etc....


If you are able keep us posted on things and if any needs crop up let me know.
Doing well in Santa Fe, close to Galveston. Pretty good winds this morning, and yard gets to drain a little between bands. My 8 ball ( Snake Charmer )is tucked in the garage on his Victory carpet, and high and dry. Hurricane party anyone?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Kurbs likes this.

Vicxen
Vicxen is offline  
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 12:33 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Kurbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxen View Post
Doing well in Santa Fe, close to Galveston. Pretty good winds this morning, and yard gets to drain a little between bands. My 8 ball ( Snake Charmer )is tucked in the garage on his Victory carpet, and high and dry. Hurricane party anyone?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk
Just be careful. Don't wanna deal with a broken heart! ❤💔

2012 Pin
Torque Tubes, VM-1 cams, PCV, Throttle ring, ATS
Kurbs is offline  
post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 144
Default

Having a blast

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Vicxen
Vicxen is offline  
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-26-2017, 01:03 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 144
Default

Hurricane winds this morning. Hope this loadshttps://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/59a1b7e7...826_080044.mp4

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

Vicxen
Vicxen is offline  
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-27-2017, 11:44 AM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Kurbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxen View Post
Having a blast
That area is getting whacked pretty good. You hangin in there Chica?

2012 Pin
Torque Tubes, VM-1 cams, PCV, Throttle ring, ATS

Last edited by Kurbs; 08-27-2017 at 12:41 PM.
Kurbs is offline  
post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 10:58 AM
Senior Member
 
Vicxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 144
Default

we are doing better this morning. water receding, so our area is improving. can actually get in the truck, and look around. Dickinson, which is 2 miles from me is under water. North of Houston getting slammed, please continue to pray for our area

Vicxen
Vicxen is offline  
post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 04:48 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
Kurbs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2015
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 426
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vicxen View Post
we are doing better this morning. water receding, so our area is improving. can actually get in the truck, and look around. Dickinson, which is 2 miles from me is under water. North of Houston getting slammed, please continue to pray for our area
Glad you are hangin in there. We got slammed here in July, well...actually all summer. Towns all over under water and roads closed for weeks. It sucks bad.

But the 130 MPH winds you guys felt....I'm just glad you are ok. Anyone heard from @VicVisionBulldog ? Or magicvic?

2012 Pin
Torque Tubes, VM-1 cams, PCV, Throttle ring, ATS
Kurbs is offline  
post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 07:53 PM
Senior Member
 
Vicxen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Gulf Coast of Texas
Posts: 144
Default

Not me. Hope they are Ok. it's crazy round here. Several I know are flooded, so Hoping for the best.
Kurbs likes this.

Vicxen
Vicxen is offline  
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 08-28-2017, 08:11 PM
Senior Member
 
VicVisionBulldog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Houston, Tx
Posts: 483
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurbs View Post
Glad you are hangin in there. We got slammed here in July, well...actually all summer. Towns all over under water and roads closed for weeks. It sucks bad.

But the 130 MPH winds you guys felt....I'm just glad you are ok. Anyone heard from @VicVisionBulldog ? Or magicvic?
He and I are better than many.

I've been on 12 hour shifts with no days off and I'm being held to the station. Today I had a leak at home where the roof and chimney meet which is dripping water into my living room. I was able to break away today to at least slow it but I was not able to stop it. Hopefully we will be released tomorrow so I can try to do more.

This is my home for now but I hope to be home with the wife soon.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170827_213120.jpg (30.3 KB, 11 views)
BBob likes this.

VVB

13 Vision Tour - PCV, Top Filter, Stage 1 Pipes, TW @ +4, Metz 888s

08 Vision Street Premium - VFC, Top Filter, Stage 1 Level 2 Pipes, E4s

Past Vic - 07 KP Tour - Stage 1, S&S Intake

Last edited by VicVisionBulldog; 08-28-2017 at 08:13 PM.
VicVisionBulldog is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome