Join Date: May 2013
Location: Left Coast, Canada
2. Curb appeal
3. Whatever the Mrs looks at. Kitchen, bathroom, master bedroom, laundry room.
Bottom of the list.
95. Garage. Husbands responsibility
96. Amount of yard work. Husbands responsibility.
97. Outdoor painting. Husbands responsibility.
98. Renovations. Husbands responsibility.
99. Roof. Husbands responsibility.
Actually, different people look for different things in a house. In any case though, what they all see no matter what they are looking at, is that the place has been looked after. Things don't have to be recent but if it's clean, no marks or damage on walls, yard has looked after, no animal smells in the house, etc. Ready to move in because most people don't have a month for reno's prior to moving in. I may jest but items 1, 2 and 3 really do have a bearing on things in that order unless you're looking for a project house they could show on TV. They are going to change the little stuff anyway so if you've got money put into it, I think the kitchen and bath is about the only place your going to get your money back.
A garage with a built-in keg fridge and taps would certainly help too.
Not all those who wander are lost.
Last edited by 53canuck; 09-28-2018 at 05:05 PM.