Out new truck shopping - Page 5 - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
 34Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #41 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-06-2019, 06:39 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,625
Garage
Default broke out

Ran a 13.78on a 13.87 dial in last Sundays Nostalgia drags.
Funny feeling crossing the line in the Buick 455 just ahead of a very angry Dodge Charger that runs to within a hundredth.
Then picking up timeslip to find Ive lost!��
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190804_144747.jpg (24.3 KB, 3 views)
CanuckRob likes this.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-09-2019, 05:07 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,760
Garage
BBob is offline  
post #43 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 10:43 AM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,625
Garage
Red face

Well Im made the most of a difficult situation
Nursed the benz into Walcha and the trans is VERY sick, just about dead and engine oil light came on too in the end. not game to drive further,
walked into local truck co. and talked to the old owner , he said I can park the benz in his locked security yard and told me to drive his Triton ute up to the local car yard where I met the owner Peter who had a subaru forester that been driven backwards into the local hardware store by its 90 yr old owner via the front window! 2 months rego and $800 it should get me and my buick wheel home.
So I wheeled my wheel into the bar and booked a room and peter dropped the Subaru off here for me.
He also lined up the guy that transports his cars to pick the Benz up and truck it to Currumbin for $500....
thats the long story short version....
unfukinbelievable but true😁
Ok a few days later....
Im home! Subaru did the job valiantly.
msgd the guy that sold me the Benz and
he said hes sad to hear what happened and if I get it back to him in Sydney ( i pay for the tow $500, then he will refund my purchase price in full&#128578 hows that!
Jusy put 4 new tyres on Subaru Forester and Ill change engine oil and filter tomoz.
All in all looking like a very happy ending to a terrific adventure!
pix
Benz at sisters farm as I lube the throttle to get a decent idle, was wishfully thinking it was all gonna be well at this stage.
Lucky to score this cheap Subie thats been driven backwards through a hardware store!
The Subie after I 800 and buffed the blue paint off it then gave it a good wash and pulled a few dents.
The Buick Skylark GS Stage 1 original spare wheel from 1971 thats never been on the car, picked it up from the guy I bought the car off over a year ago whilst I was in town...
when Benz fried the auto trans and just limped into Walcha a small bush town where everyones friendly and no one locks anything and theres zero crime.
I wheeled the Buick wheel into the Public Bar on a Friday night as the locals were downing schooners of beer...." I could tell you but you wouldnt beleive me!" I said as I wheeled it in through the saloon doors!
last pic is just for fun..a manic Christine!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20190809_091836.jpg (40.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190810_120948.jpg (33.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190811_171703.jpg (26.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190809_172820.jpg (35.7 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg 20190812_125657.jpg (40.8 KB, 2 views)
BBob, RICZ, CanuckRob and 1 others like this.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #44 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 12:50 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,760
Garage
Default

I'd love to live somewhere where no one locks their doors and there's zero crime but also didn't have ungodly long cold winters.

Good score on the Subaru. Bummer and about the Benz. It's a sharp car. Classy. This is the downside to having older cars. That and parts start getting hard to find; just like our Victory's.
BBob is offline  
post #45 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 01:29 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,625
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I'd love to live somewhere where no one locks their doors and there's zero crime but also didn't have ungodly long cold winters.

Good score on the Subaru. Bummer and about the Benz. It's a sharp car. Classy. This is the downside to having older cars. That and parts start getting hard to find; just like our Victory's.
like our Victorys? what cant you get?
not talking farkles here but real consumable parts...what cant you get ?
RICZ likes this.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #46 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 06:46 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
BBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: NW AZ
Posts: 12,760
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
like our Victorys? what cant you get?
not talking farkles here but real consumable parts...what cant you get ?
I'm not going to make a list but if you really want to know; go on the Victory Facebook page to see all the ISO (In Search Of) items. We see them here too.

It's not terrible but a lot of stuff is simply no longer available new. This will increase over time and we know it but still hang on to them.

When something like a drive belt is no longer available; it will become quite apparent. Accessories through Victory are almost all gone. Supposedly replacement parts were to be available till 2027 but we know that was BS. Lots of parts are no longer available now.

My hope is the aftermarket will see value in making parts as needed. Time will tell.
BBob is offline  
post #47 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:27 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
Motorbikerx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Gold Coast, Australia.
Posts: 8,625
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I'm not going to make a list but if you really want to know; go on the Victory Facebook page to see all the ISO (In Search Of) items. We see them here too.

It's not terrible but a lot of stuff is simply no longer available new. This will increase over time and we know it but still hang on to them.

When something like a drive belt is no longer available; it will become quite apparent. Accessories through Victory are almost all gone. Supposedly replacement parts were to be available till 2027 but we know that was BS. Lots of parts are no longer available now.

My hope is the aftermarket will see value in making parts as needed. Time will tell.
Not on farcebook nor do I desire to be.
Bet its mostly accessories and farkles.
Drive belts last a bloody long time and I reckon theyll always be around, if not go reduction pulley and the Buell belt, win win situation.
Every bike Ive owned prior to Victory was obsolete.
Im not worried at all.
Fearmongering is rife in this world, possibly largely fuelled by farcebookers.
as the great philosopher Monty Python once said " Always look on the bright side of Life!"
😀
CanuckRob and ObiSteve like this.

Victory Vegas 2010
Lloydz 109"cube big bore
" " 495 cams
" " TorqueTubes
" " timing wheel @4 deg.
" " Primary plate
" " IAV
RPW Slash pipes
PCV
Progressive 465 rear shock
Kingpin USD Forks
18" XC front wheel
1 3/4" 'Burleigh Bars'
Stebel air horn
12.106 @110.90mph
114/123

Victory Cross Country 2010 (106)
Lloyds air filter
" " VM1 Cams
Home gutted exhaust
Maximus
Both tuned by [email protected] Dyno
110/116

Gold Coast
Australia
Motorbikerx is offline  
post #48 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 06:26 PM
Member
 
ObiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Obi Obi
Posts: 87
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
Not on farcebook nor do I desire to be.
Bet its mostly accessories and farkles.
Drive belts last a bloody long time and I reckon theyll always be around, if not go reduction pulley and the Buell belt, win win situation.
Every bike Ive owned prior to Victory was obsolete.
Im not worried at all.
Fearmongering is rife in this world, possibly largely fuelled by farcebookers.
as the great philosopher Monty Python once said " Always look on the bright side of Life!"
😀
One of my mates have had that played at their funeral. It set an appropriate tone for the wake afterwards.

2013 Hard Ball
Stage 1 mufflers
K&N air filter
Rubber air dam removed
Reflash
Whole lot of extra cable ties, shrinkwrap and tape on loom
Hard chrome spherical joints in back
Hammer front guard
Wide Glide fork boots
ObiSteve is online now  
post #49 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:38 PM
Member
 
ObiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Obi Obi
Posts: 87
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBob View Post
I'd love to live somewhere where no one locks their doors and there's zero crime but also didn't have ungodly long cold winters.

Good score on the Subaru. Bummer and about the Benz. It's a sharp car. Classy. This is the downside to having older cars. That and parts start getting hard to find; just like our Victory's.
Hey BBob, I'm about to put my 60 acres at Obi Obi on the market. For only 749,000 Australian Pesos you can live in a place like that. Sure we get some winter nights down to -5C but generally winter days are sunny and dry. We get most of our rain in summer. Off the grid, no shortage of firewood, feral deer are starting to wander in, canoeable creek, nice community. I'll even throw in a junk Subaru that the termites are eating. You might need to buy a Triumph 1200 Scrambler.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sweet Home Obi Obi compressed.jpg (18.6 KB, 9 views)
BBob likes this.

2013 Hard Ball
Stage 1 mufflers
K&N air filter
Rubber air dam removed
Reflash
Whole lot of extra cable ties, shrinkwrap and tape on loom
Hard chrome spherical joints in back
Hammer front guard
Wide Glide fork boots
ObiSteve is online now  
post #50 of 51 (permalink) Old 08-13-2019, 07:50 PM
Member
 
ObiSteve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2018
Location: Obi Obi
Posts: 87
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motorbikerx View Post
Well Im made the most of a difficult situation
Nursed the benz into Walcha and the trans is VERY sick, just about dead and engine oil light came on too in the end. not game to drive further,
walked into local truck co. and talked to the old owner , he said I can park the benz in his locked security yard and told me to drive his Triton ute up to the local car yard where I met the owner Peter who had a subaru forester that been driven backwards into the local hardware store by its 90 yr old owner via the front window! 2 months rego and $800 it should get me and my buick wheel home.
So I wheeled my wheel into the bar and booked a room and peter dropped the Subaru off here for me.
He also lined up the guy that transports his cars to pick the Benz up and truck it to Currumbin for $500....
thats the long story short version....
unfukinbelievable but true😁
Ok a few days later....
Im home! Subaru did the job valiantly.
msgd the guy that sold me the Benz and
he said hes sad to hear what happened and if I get it back to him in Sydney ( i pay for the tow $500, then he will refund my purchase price in full&#128578 hows that!
Jusy put 4 new tyres on Subaru Forester and Ill change engine oil and filter tomoz.
All in all looking like a very happy ending to a terrific adventure!
pix
Benz at sisters farm as I lube the throttle to get a decent idle, was wishfully thinking it was all gonna be well at this stage.
Lucky to score this cheap Subie thats been driven backwards through a hardware store!
The Subie after I 800 and buffed the blue paint off it then gave it a good wash and pulled a few dents.
The Buick Skylark GS Stage 1 original spare wheel from 1971 thats never been on the car, picked it up from the guy I bought the car off over a year ago whilst I was in town...
when Benz fried the auto trans and just limped into Walcha a small bush town where everyones friendly and no one locks anything and theres zero crime.
I wheeled the Buick wheel into the Public Bar on a Friday night as the locals were downing schooners of beer...." I could tell you but you wouldnt beleive me!" I said as I wheeled it in through the saloon doors!
last pic is just for fun..a manic Christine!
Bad luck with the Benz, great that the seller will take it back. The Walcha experience just another magic adventure, where sheet happens and you roll with it through to a great ending. Subies are great cars, although they can have an appetite for CV joints. Termites are currently eating my old one. Having seen a 1600 VW engine shoehorned into a BMW bike frame that ran around Brisbane in the late 70s, I have always wanted to try that with a Subie motor.

2013 Hard Ball
Stage 1 mufflers
K&N air filter
Rubber air dam removed
Reflash
Whole lot of extra cable ties, shrinkwrap and tape on loom
Hard chrome spherical joints in back
Hammer front guard
Wide Glide fork boots
ObiSteve is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome