Boston Bomber on Cover of Rolling Stone! - Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
post #1 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:54 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default Boston Bomber on Cover of Rolling Stone!

This makes me want to puke, This publication has sunk to a new low... Disgusting.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:36 AM
Pop
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Side of a mountain in New Hampshire
Posts: 1,208
Garage
Default

Not a new low.
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/pi...mobi=yes<br />

Red.
2012
Cross Country Tour.


We can't help it
We just keep moving
It's been that way since long ago
Since the stone age chasing the great herds
We mostly go where we have to go

That was written by James McMurtry
Pop is offline  
post #3 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:49 AM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop View Post
Wow, Pop , what the hell is wrong with these people... Glorifying a terrorist, This kid should be water boarded and flogged until dead. Period. I've only thumbed through their magazine from time to time, but I want to say they are a fairly Liberal organization... To me , that tells the story... IMHO.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #4 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 04:21 PM
Senior Member
 
Luciferiad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Twin Falls, ID
Posts: 1,292
Garage
Default

Of course they're a liberal organization. It's a rock-n-roll culture publication. It's ABOUT counterculture. They're going to have inflammatory stories and covers that piss people off and offend sensibilities. That's why they're in business.

Does this young terrorist need to be glorified? No. Did Crazy Charley need to be in '70? Nope, that guy was a household name by then. They gonna do it anyway? You bet your ass, cuz it'll get the old folks riled and the young folks readin'.

Besides, it was either that or another Kurt Cobain tribute issue, and there are plently of those in the world already.

You can call me Billy. Or Luci. But don't call me Shirley.

Mine:
2011 Cross Roads, crimson red
Lloyd'z ATS, IAV, VFC-III. Vic "High Performance" air filter. Ness Big Honkers. Funsies.

Hers
2015 Vegas 8-Ball

My musings:www.billyrulez.wordpress.com
Luciferiad is offline  
post #5 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:19 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luciferiad View Post
Of course they're a liberal organization. It's a rock-n-roll culture publication. It's ABOUT counterculture. They're going to have inflammatory stories and covers that piss people off and offend sensibilities. That's why they're in business.

Does this young terrorist need to be glorified? No. Did Crazy Charley need to be in '70? Nope, that guy was a household name by then. They gonna do it anyway? You bet your ass, cuz it'll get the old folks riled and the young folks readin'.

Besides, it was either that or another Kurt Cobain tribute issue, and there are plently of those in the world already.


I hear you but this Bastard blew up innocent folks, I had friends at the Marathon , people I know, he needs to be prosecuted and then executed, not put on the cover of a fucking magazine....

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #6 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:23 PM
Member
 
wrightek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
...I want to say they are a fairly Liberal organization... To me , that tells the story... IMHO.
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"... Constantly stereotyping any kind of liberal (social liberal, fiscal liberal, conservative liberal, liberal conservative, liberal salt users, etc) as complete idiots when it's most Republicans (note that I didn't say conservatives) that can't differentiate between fiscal and social conservatism.




Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

2012 Kingpin
Thor Exhaust, PC-V + AT, K&N, HID Headlight, Viking Saddle Bags, Grasshopper Sissy Bar
wrightek is offline  
post #7 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightek View Post
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"...
Because it's way easier than thinking and makes them feel better about themselves.

I still enjoy checking out RS band recommendations on Spotify. I'm also a big fan of Matt Taibbi.

As to the cover, so what? Dude's caught and going nowhere. I haven't read the article, but I'd bet it doesn't glorify him. Gotta admit, it does draw interest. Here we are in a Victory motorcycle forum yakking about it as if it's meaningful.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #8 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:37 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrightek View Post
How come Republicans incessantly throw comments around about "liberal this" and "liberal that"... Constantly stereotyping any kind of liberal (social liberal, fiscal liberal, conservative liberal, liberal conservative, liberal salt users, etc) as complete idiots when it's most Republicans (note that I didn't say conservatives) that can't differentiate between fiscal and social conservatism.




Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
Take it easy, I came to this conclusion by reading about , 2 of their articles... It wasn't hard to figure out... But in my defense, they are glorifying a terrorist that my tax dollars probably helped pay for his schooling .... I'm PISSED , What Rolling Stone did today is Un-American.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
post #9 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:39 PM
Lifetime Premium
 
saddlebag's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Dayton, Ohio
Posts: 5,632
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LILMAGS500 View Post
Take it easy, I came to this conclusion by reading about , 2 of their articles... It wasn't hard to figure out... But in my defense, they are glorifying a terrorist that my tax dollars probably helped pay for his schooling .... I'm PISSED , What Rolling Stone did today is Un-American.
Actually, denying freedom of the press is what's unAmerican. Get a grip dood.




https://www.victoryforums.com/signaturepics/sigpic6903_1.gif
2011 Cross Roads
saddlebag is offline  
post #10 of 68 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:41 PM Thread Starter
Lifetime Premium
 
LILMAGS500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Peoples Republic of Massachusetts
Posts: 9,684
Garage
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
Because it's way easier than thinking and makes them feel better about themselves.

I still enjoy checking out RS band recommendations on Spotify. I'm also a big fan of Matt Taibbi.

As to the cover, so what? Dude's caught and going nowhere. I haven't read the article, but I'd bet it doesn't glorify him. Gotta admit, it does draw interest. Here we are in a Victory motorcycle forum yakking about it as if it's meaningful.
I will feel better when this Punk meets his demise... Hopefully sooner then later.

2014 Cross Country
2014 XC , Lloyds A/F , Timing Wheel +4 , PCV , Miller Mufflers , 1/4 Turn Throttle Ring , Dyno Tuned by KMC Powersports 98HP 113 TQ
LILMAGS500 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Victory Forums - Victory Motorcycle Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools Search this Thread
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome