I'm riding an 08 Kingpin Tour right now and while I love it, my wife would like a better and roomier ride.
So, I rode a 2013 Vision the other day and noticed a few things:
1. Bars are quite a bit lower than the bars on my pin. Can they be adjusted up?
2. Current bar position seems to block a lot of the rear view mirror, was it just the adjustment on the mirrors themselves?
3. Shifter seemed to be very close to the floor board, so close that I had to think about pushing my boot toe under it to shift up. I assume that would be adjustable?
I'm really pining for one, thinking 2011 if that was the year the new tranny was released and ABS was available then. Would love to find a good priced white one...
Pinion has more than enough room and ride is comfy. IF any buffeting is an issue for her a 7jurock flip would solve it at about 140$$$.
1. No, only a pull back. I actually like the lower bars after riding it a while but a buddy on a XCT said it is a problem for him too when he road at demo day. I think the bar position comes into play on the different posture in the saddle of the VV. there are plenty of add ons riders have done to overcome this.
2. No, common complaint of fairing design. After tweaking you get the outter 50% of the mirror seeing your hands in the inner 50%. I have no issue seeing behind me. You are not going to get what you see in a control mounted mirror unless you add a control mounted mirror. I have no complaint on the mirror other than the slight vibration in it.
3. ????? I wear a size 11 safety boot at work which I wear riding in and home every day. No problem with this at all. Boot under shifter with ease so think it was the bike you rode. Should be able to adjust out.
I thought 2010 was a good year as well on the tranny but 2011-12 you have abs as well as upgrade on tranny I guess you call it and abs. Abs works great. I think 13 lost the hid cyclops.
Cycle trader should help you but these bikes ride so well and comfy year round don't count on the winter flood of VVs for sale. Lol. It really is a year round ride you can walk out the door and say screw the rain gear or chaps and just ride. Oh, the white Visions are the faster ones too! Lol. Got any other questions ask em.
2011 White Vision - Nuvi 550, Lowers, Lloydz 2nd filter, Vic perf filter, CB/Icom, 96 Brake LED's, Clear Signal lens/Switchbacks, VIC Hwy Pegs, Stebel Horn, 7Jurock 15" Shield, PCV, Lloyd ATS and Variable intake, Ness honkers
2004 V92 TC - S1 flash, level 1 slip-on, Ness big sucker K&N, ISO Grips, 4x1.5 Highway Hawg Risers, extra chrome (never too much), JM 2k CB 4' antena, Mustang seat, HD Front TS & Lowers, OD Pulley
Retired Navy SCPO