Ok, so tourers NEVER turned my head in the past, but lately I've been racking my brain trying to figure out how to get my wife to ride with me comfortably.
All seating options seem to fail for my Hammer S, and even all the way up to the Crossroads won't seem to work.
We test rode a Harley Road Glide yesterday, and my initial fear of a monster sized bike has been overcome, but the RG just isn't as smooth or nice as my Vic, so with Vic I'll stay.
While I feel I'm a bit young for the look of a Vision (I'm just under 40), I came across a few customs that made me realize that with the trunk off, I can have a sick looking street bike:
So I have many questions, and yes... I'm doing research by searching online as well... but hey, we all love to talk about the bikes we own, right? Thanks
1) I kow I want all options, so Premium it is. My question is... on these models that come with a trunk, is the trunk removeable?? This never seems to be discussed in any Vic literature I can find. I want it OFF when I am solo (90% of the time) but want it ON for my wife so she feels like she is sitting in an easy chair
2) If the answer to number 1 is YES... how easy/hard is it to take on and off?
3) Are there good power adding options for the Vision? I don't know how different it is set up from say a Vegas or Hammer. I want to probably add another 20+hp
4) For those who ride 2-up alot: Do you think with the windscreen up FULLY losing an inch off of it would be bothersome to the passenger? I ask because when riding around on surface streets, solo, I'll have mine retracted, but want a more custom look for it to sit lower... so I want to shave 1" off the overall height, so when it's down... it's really down.
5) How much slower are you having to take turns on your Vision compared to a standard Vic like a Vegas or Hammer? I'm an aggressive rider, and I know I'll be losing clearance and have to make a slower approach, but is it a huge difference?
6) How is the stock seat comfort? I know it's not as bad as a Hammer because the bike is intended from the factory for long hauls, but do I *need* an aftermarket seat to do a couple hundred miles comfortably?
I'll have more questions soon, but that's it for now