Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Coal country, PA.
Things to do to your Gunner.....
....when winter shows up. Or,. How I learned to love the "upgrade" season. I could not decide between the titles so I'm just going to run with it.
So last summer I added a few things to my Gunner, and got it on a dyno for a base line run. Having Lloydz Torque Tubes, Adj. Timing Gear (+4), Trask 2 into 1 exhaust, PCV w/AT got me spinning the roller with 102hp/117tq last August.
Putting the bike away for winter I got busy with a few other minor upgrades to my Gunner's little 106" motor.
- Maxbore 49mm throttle body
- ECM flashed to remove speed limiter and raise redline rpm.
- swapped out the stock cam carriers for clearanced ones.
- installed Lloydz .495's in clearanced carriers
- sent my heads down to Star Racing for them to port & polish, do a three angle valve job, install high lift springs & low profile guides, make and install oversized intake valves
- got a pair of Lloydz high compression (10.4:1) pistons
While not a engine modification I did order a set of FMB Phatty Phat bars (12") for my bike. Once I figured out the harness connector runing the wires internally was simple to do.
And at some point before this all goes back together I am upgrading my clutch to almost all Barnett stuff.
This bike is going to be a lot of fun this coming summer.
2016 Victory Gunner